PDA

View Full Version : Something different

MANNDOLINS
Jul-05-2005, 8:01pm
Here's a new model I've been working on. Neck thru, flat back/sides are one piece, carved top. Surprising volume, super sustain and kind of cross between F and oval hole tone. Redwood top, quilted mahogany back. It's quickly becoming my favorite player.

Tim Saxton
Jul-05-2005, 8:17pm
Booinnnggg!!

Steve Davis
Jul-05-2005, 8:48pm
I'd be happy to test one and report on my observations. #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif

TeleMark
Jul-05-2005, 11:20pm
Dang, that's purty!

jmkatcher
Jul-05-2005, 11:21pm
It's very Rickenbacker-like, and I mean that as high praise.

Ted Eschliman
Jul-06-2005, 6:55am
Schwinnngggg!!!!

glauber
Jul-06-2005, 9:52am
That's pretty! Is it an acoustic or electric? Kind of a like a Rigelbacker.

For a second i thought it had halftone frets under the G string, but those must be position markers.

Eric F.
Jul-06-2005, 9:57am
That is wicked cool.

Kirby161
Jul-06-2005, 10:07am
the tailpiece looks alittle ridged and out of place. maybe put one on like weber or rigel has, that would make it look real nice. Very clean look to it, especially w/o the pickguard. ( i hate pickguards) Is this an emanndo?

Ken Berner
Jul-06-2005, 10:40am
WOW! I have an electric friend who will be electrifried when he sees this beauty. He is playing a vanilla Godin at present, and will be slobbering at the sight of this machine!

Ted Eschliman
Jul-06-2005, 11:09am
the tailpiece looks alittle ridged and out of place.
Purely an optical illusion of camera. Jon's tailpieces are elegantly simple, and ergonomically functional.
This might be a better close up on a different model of his:

http://jazzmando.com/EmannFront.jpg

David M.
Jul-06-2005, 11:13am
Dang! Those are nice.

mandoryan
Jul-06-2005, 2:58pm
That's a very cool look. Elegant and funky at the same time. Good work Jonathon!

Kirby161
Jul-06-2005, 5:50pm
ive been looking at this model of the e-mando for a good while now. I like it alot, both in price and in look.
Can you give me an explanation of the pickup options? Is there any posibility of getting two pickups installed in order to have some humbucking?

MANNDOLINS
Jul-06-2005, 6:39pm
Wowzers! Truthfully I didn't expect such a positive response. Thanks!
This one is just a prototype, it is acoustic only but I did have thoughts of an electric option. I'm always experimenting...trying to find a "realistic" acoustic amplified mando sound.
Kirby, your right about the tailpiece. It's just a gibson style piece I had laying around and made an ebony cover for it. I think a Monteleone would look nice. The one Ted has on his five string uses ball end strings. Email me about pickup options. My standard pickup in the Em series is a strat size humbucker with series/parallel switch. Here are a couple more pics , one of em-5 tailpiece (from other side) and one of the new Manndo to show side (1 11/16" thick.)

MANNDOLINS
Jul-06-2005, 6:41pm
Heres the side shot

mandolooter
Jul-07-2005, 11:26pm
dass sweet! I've be yearning to hear (and hold & play) one of your mandolins for a long time now...basically since I seen the first one posted in the classifieds. Some day Im sure but Idaho is a long ways away!
Jeff