PDA

View Full Version : Classical mandolin workshop

Nick Royal
Jul-03-2005, 8:29pm
For those interested in playing with a mandolin orchestra, and impoving their reading skills, etc. I strongly recommend AMGuSS: American Mandolin and Guitar Summer School held each June for 6 days in Bristol, RI. This was my 3rd time attending and the teaching is great; ensemble work enjoyable; and of course the orchestra of around 50 players is one of the cental experiences for those attending.
The program was in its 20th year this summer, started and run by classical mandolinist, Marilynn Mair.
I highly recommend AMGuSS for those with interest in classical mandolin...and other styles.

trebleclef528
Jul-04-2005, 5:37pm
This sounds really good Nick. not much chance of "my crowd" getting there from Bonnie Scotland, but I would like to know more about it, especially the course content etc.... can you give me a contact email, name or telephone number?
Many Thanks,
ian

David Westwick
Jul-04-2005, 10:17pm
Ian:

Take a look at the AMGuSS web site http://www.marilynnmair.com/amguss.shtml
Contact information is at the bottom of the web page.

The next running is only 50 weeks away!

trebleclef528
Jul-05-2005, 4:33pm
Many Thanks David
Regards,
ian

violmando
Jul-07-2005, 2:34pm
I was SUPPOSED to be there, but due to my partner's hospitalization, my mandocello got to participate but not ME! I am VERY disappointed as the other DMO members had a PHENOMINAL time at AMGuSS--see you there next year!!