PDA

View Full Version : OCTMA Jam

sgarrity
Jul-01-2005, 11:35pm
It's on the first Saturday of every month at the Village Christian Church on Britton Rd between May and Penn. #It starts at 6pm with a mandolin class. #Ask me for more info or come join us.

Shaun

Nathan Sanders
Jul-02-2005, 6:47pm
Hey Shaun, let me help bump up this topic so others will take note. I cannot make the July meeting, but I should be there in August. For anyone in Oklahoma, or passing through, come check out the Oklahoma City Traditional Music Association on the first Saturday of the month. Starting at 6PM there are workshops for various instruments. Later in the evening is the Playaround where anyone can sign up to do a tune before a crowd. Then there is plenty of jammin' afterwards til about 11:30 or so. Check out the web site: OCTMA web site (http://www.octma.org)

Keep the Tradition Alive!

sgarrity
Aug-02-2005, 11:31pm
The OCTMA jam will be this Saturday night. Let me know if you need any info

sgarrity
Oct-05-2005, 11:51pm
Its that time of the month again. Jam is this Saturday. Hope to see some of you there

sgarrity
Nov-03-2005, 10:50am
Here we go again. The jam is on 11/05/05. Holler at me if you need any further info.

ronlane3
Nov-04-2005, 12:45pm
Shaun, this is at the same time that OBC has their shows in Del City.

sgarrity
Nov-07-2005, 2:42pm
Yeh I know it is. I wish one of these groups would change their meeting date. I usually go to OCTMA just because of the varied styles of music that gets played. And I try to teach a couple of tunes to the mandolin class. I need to get back to Del City though one of these months.

ronlane3
Nov-08-2005, 7:20pm
I went to OBC and it didn't have much jamming going on. We did jam with Larry Ford's band afterwards. I'm sure that Dale (Larry's fiddler) would have liked to have been there too.

Nathan Sanders
Jan-04-2006, 10:37am
It's that time again, this Saturday, Jan 7, for those who are in or going to be in the OKC area.