PDA

View Full Version : Mile Twelve

AlanN
Nov-18-2017, 11:21pm
Caught this young band tonight at The Carrboro Arts Center. Energetic, skilled, tuneful and hip. I mean, what other bluegrass band plays Elton John's Rocket Man so convincingly well?

David Benedict is a terrific picker and fits in with the band perfectly. I had a chance to visit with him after the show and check out his lovely Apitius F model. Just a dandy mandolin and he makes it sing. Thanks, David!

Ivan Kelsall
Nov-19-2017, 4:30am
Here ya go - Mile Twelve / ''Sunny Side of Town''. There's quite a few YouTube clips of 'em as well - great stuff !!!.
On a personal note,the banjo would look better without the satellite dish perched on the headstock !.
Ivan:grin:

https://youtu.be/6PCKmwy0YeA

Chris Bowsman
Nov-19-2017, 10:17am
David's one of my favorites. I've emailed him for a bunch of his arrangements, and my dad and I agree, they're terrifying.

EdHanrahan
Nov-19-2017, 10:53am
Neat show. Thanks for posting! But yeah ...

...banjo would look better without the satellite dish ...

Yikes! Even the back-of-headstock clip is bigger than the whole (guessing NS Micro) tuner that you can barely see on the mandolin.

Don Grieser
Nov-19-2017, 1:41pm
David's one of my favorites. I've emailed him for a bunch of his arrangements, and my dad and I agree, they're terrifying.

I'm not scared to go see them. :grin:

Mark Wilson
Nov-19-2017, 1:58pm
I don't get out much but they would get me out of the house!

Just checking out David's full stride pick stoke on the video. :disbelief: How does he do that?