PDA

View Full Version : unable to contact Music Emporium

dan in va
Nov-11-2017, 12:06pm
i've tried with different computers both at work and home and the website wouldn't accept the messages. Also replied to a couple of Cafe ad's, but no response. There are some questions that i'd rather ask by email instead of by phone. After failing so miserably, i started wondering if i'm the only one who has these troubles.

jmkatcher
Nov-11-2017, 12:54pm
Generally they're super fast and super nice in their email responses. Maybe they're having IT probs right now.

Mandolin Cafe
Nov-11-2017, 1:06pm
i've tried with different computers both at work and home and the website wouldn't accept the messages. Also replied to a couple of Cafe ad's, but no response. There are some questions that i'd rather ask by email instead of by phone. After failing so miserably, i started wondering if i'm the only one who has these troubles.

Strongly suggest you Google your own email address associated with your Mandolin Cafe account. You've been tagged by at least one web site as a spam related resource. Don't shoot us, we're just the messenger.

Easy for email addresses to get hijacked. We only have experience with one external spam database which we employ on the Forum and Classifieds so can't speak to others, and there are many, but our professional IT answer would be your email address is likely the issue. The Music Emporium is one of the most responsive and reputable retail music web sites on the internet.

Might be time to pick up the phone.

dan in va
Nov-11-2017, 1:25pm
Thanks so much for the replies. i also tried in TME's webpage from other computers and not thru the Cafe. So i'll try and look into it. Meanwhile, i rang them up and did some business. It's a mystery how i could be tagged as a spammer...wonder how to get that changed. Thanks again....dan

Mandobar
Nov-12-2017, 9:33am
So, Dan, did you buy the Gil A? I see it's on hold.

paul dirac
Nov-14-2017, 12:42am
Just a quick note that I stopped in, from way out of town, this last Thursday, and played every mando (that was out front) in the shop. The number is few of places anymore where one can play this many great mandolins in one place, and a friendly staff. I overheard the guys talking about the arrangements for getting the Gil shipped out (thought I heard them say it's an F4?), and they mentioned an Ellis in the back that was the best in the shop. I didn't ask to play it, and they didn't offer, but my playing tends to have that affect on people... Anyway, a strong endorsement to stop by if you're in the greater Boston area, much to see...