PDA

View Full Version : A visit to the Old Home Place

JimRichter
Mar-09-2004, 11:25pm
Always a lurker at the Cafe (though regular through Co-Mando), I thought I might go ahead a post a picture of me from August 2003. My wife, kids and I make an annual pilgrimage to Bill Monroe's childhood home in Rosine. This pictures shows me playing my 2002 Sam Bush Gibson on the front porch of the Old Home Place up on Jerusalem Ridge. I've done this yearly with either my banjo or mandolin and it really is one of the most special days of the year for me (of course, I shouldn't forget my wedding anniversary lest my wife get upset). I think I was playing Cattle in the Cane.

Ken Berner
Mar-10-2004, 10:08am
On the Richter Scale, I'd give this an 8.5; neat photo!

Scotti Adams
Mar-10-2004, 10:24am
..yep....great pic...I would love to do that someday...I can almost make out Big Mun peaking out the window at you.....singin.."Whos that knockin at my door, have I heard that knock before......."

Mar-10-2004, 11:15am
I went to the old home place back before the renovation when you had to walk thru the woods and briars to get to it years ago. It is a special place indeed alot of history there.

Moose
Mar-10-2004, 12:56pm
JimR : I think can understand your ...feelings. Thanks for sharing. Moose. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Harrmob
Mar-10-2004, 2:08pm
Jim-

That was an awesome feeling wasn't it. This me on one of the same pilgrimages, I was playing Jerusalem Ridge most likely. I also got a photo of my wife rocking my youngest child in the same rocking chair that Bill's mother used to rock him in when he was a child. That is a great place to visit, thanks Cambell Mercer!