PDA

View Full Version : Golden, CO area

Wuzzlebubba
Jun-27-2005, 4:44pm
I am looking for a teacher in the Golden, Colorado area. I am a student here and want to start playing again, but I haven't played in over two years and my skills have really slipped. Thanks

Dan Adams
Jun-29-2005, 5:43pm
If you go to the Buffalo Rose on either the 1st or 3rd tuesday of the month for the bluegrass jam, the leader of True Blue, Warren Kennison lives in Golden and is a well respected mandolin teacher that has been teaching in the Denver Metro area for over 30 years. I also believe True Blue Bluegrass has a website.

Good Luck, Dan

Pen
Jul-06-2005, 10:59am
Check out the Olde Towne Picken Parlor in Old Town Arvada (just off I-70 and Wadsworth). Steve teaches mando there and he is an excellent teacher.

Not a far trip from Golden at all. I can't recommend this guy enough.

AlanN
Jul-06-2005, 11:44am
I'll vouch for Warren Kennison. A few years ago (1978 http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif ), I was in Boulder visiting family friends. I asked about a mando teacher and hooked up with Warren for a lesson. Even though it was a long time ago, I remember him as a patient, skilled musician who knew his stuff and imparted it well.