PDA

View Full Version : I met Chris Thile

tomnottom
Oct-10-2017, 11:04am
Had the most fortunate weekend seeing Prairie Home Companion in St Paul this past weekend. Met Thile outside the theater (gave him a Wegen I had in my pocket). He was in a hurry to get back into rehearsal but was gracious enough to stop and chat with my wife and me (plus picture). I've been fortunate to meet many of my musical hero's and study with one (Mike Marshall). Always amazed how open and free these musicians are to share knowledge and information.

Jerusalem Ridge
Oct-10-2017, 11:10am
You lucky dog:cool:!
What's his personality like? I have always thought of him sort of hyper:))

tomnottom
Oct-10-2017, 11:16am
He was quite mellow and easy to talk with. His stage persona is much more lively. I enjoy his enthusiasm on stage. I know some don't but he appears genuine to me. Going to see him this Wednesday in Tampa for one of his solo shows.

Brian Harris
Oct-10-2017, 2:55pm
The folk / traditional / bluegrass communities in general are cool. The ukulele people are a blast (no one takes themselves terribly seriously). Some of the octogenarians in our local jam circles can be a bit fussy but they've earned it.

I'd love to have a few mixed drinks with Thile. I love his playing but also his attitude toward music. They guy has no boundaries. He'd play cereal commercial jingles and find some musical value in it.

SincereCorgi
Oct-10-2017, 3:43pm
Met Thile outside the theater (gave him a Wegen I had in my pocket).

Wait, did he just walk outside and just ask aloud if anybody in St Paul had a TF150?

tomnottom
Oct-10-2017, 3:52pm
Wait, did he just walk outside and just ask aloud if anybody in St Paul had a TF150?

If I say yes will you give me one? I was excited to meet him and gave it to him as tribute :)

Jim Franey
Oct-10-2017, 6:02pm
😎👏👏👏