PDA

View Full Version : Down Where zThe Still Waters Flow

Scotti Adams
Jun-25-2005, 8:04am
..the only time I have ever heard this song was on an old Larry Rice record...maybe "Mr. Poverty" cant really be sure. Its a beautiful song...can somebody help me out?..thanks

Doug Edwards
Jun-25-2005, 12:23pm
I hope someone has them. I bought the Larry Sparks CD (on loan to friend right now) "40". It's a great song, if the same one, written by Larry Sparks. A few of the lyrics in the chorus are hard to make out on this CD. I couldn't find them any where. DON'T TRY COWPIE! I picked up a nasty Tojan virus there trying to find the lyrics. I ended up reformating the hard drive to get it fixed.

Jim M.
Jun-25-2005, 9:17pm
are these what you are looking for:

Down where the still waters flow

Dark shadows always were with me
I walked in the night all alone
My loneliness was my companion
A true friend I never had known

Somewhere the lights are bright, dear
And happiness waits there, I know
Come, love, let us wander
Down where the still waters flow

Then passed the dark and the shadows
A bright ray of sunlight shown down
So happy the day that I met you
We win the love found today

* Refrain

We walk hand in hand together
All worries and cares pass away
And now all my life has a meaning
To win the love found today

* Refrain

From bluegrassnet.com

Scotti Adams
Jun-26-2005, 8:22am
..thats it Jim..thanks so much...

Brian Baker
Jun-28-2005, 11:58am
Speaking of Larry Rice, does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Larry and Wyatt Rice" on CD? I have this on cassette, but would love to get it on CD so I can put a good copy on my iPod.

I especially like Larry's version of the old Gordon Lightfoot song, "Did She Mention My Name".

Brian

swampstomper
Jun-28-2005, 1:27pm
Let's give credit to the writer, Pete (Roberts) Kuykendal of BG Unlimited fame and an ex-Kentuckian and part-time Country Gent. Speaking of the Gents, the best version is by Charlie Waller back in the 1950's, available on High Lonesome (Starday, 3510-2-2) re-issue with Duffy (this version also on the The Best of King & Starday Bluegrass min-box set).