PDA

View Full Version : Schaller tuners sold at LMII

Nick Gellie
Sep-10-2017, 6:19am
Has anyone had a recent experience with the current Schaller tuning machines sold at LMII?

Ivan Kelsall
Sep-10-2017, 7:36am
Hi Nick - Are these the ones ? :- https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?131554-Newly-installed-Schaller-tuners
Ivan

Nick Gellie
Sep-12-2017, 3:52am
Hi Nick - Are these the ones ? :- https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?131554-Newly-installed-Schaller-tuners
Ivan

I was thinking of the less expensive ones on the LMII website. The ones you referred to are equivalent to Waverley tuning machines.

colorado_al
Sep-13-2017, 12:31pm
I like the older style SM Schaller tuning machines that you're looking at
The price is good and they are very stable and easy to use tuners.
I don't think they are making those anymore, so if you want them, now is the time to buy.

Nick Gellie
Sep-14-2017, 7:54am
If I interpret it correctly I should buy the ones on offer at LMII right now. I appreciate the advice.

colorado_al
Sep-14-2017, 3:33pm
If I interpret it correctly I should buy the ones on offer at LMII right now. I appreciate the advice.

Yes. If you're interested in that model, I think they are not being produced anymore as Schaller is moving on to the GrandTune series.

Nick Gellie
Sep-21-2017, 10:39am
I like the older style SM Schaller tuning machines that you're looking at
The price is good and they are very stable and easy to use tuners.
I don't think they are making those anymore, so if you want them, now is the time to buy.

I bought 4 pairs of the F-style, nickel plate, pearloid buttons, guitar direction SMNI4R. They were a really good price, much less than other equivalent machines.

Ivan, I checked out an earlier thread about the two types of thread. Went with the ones that were recommended in that thread. See above.

Br1ck
Sep-23-2017, 12:55pm
I just bought a set for my Arches kit. Very good quality tuners, and the price was such that I'm going to splurge for a James tailpiece.