PDA

View Full Version : New Folk Rock Record w/ Mandolin Content

Ausdoerrt
Sep-05-2017, 7:12am
Hi, folks! My band ShamRocks just released a new EP today. Streaming is free, so feel free to check it out and let me know what you think!

Tracks 1 and 5 have mandolin content, recorded on my L&H.

https://shamrocks.bandcamp.com/album/ye-olde-chariot

Mark Gunter
Sep-05-2017, 11:11pm
Listened to track one on my phone and loved it!

Jess L.
Sep-06-2017, 12:17am
... check it out and let me know what you think! ...

Liking "Der Stern Der Grafschaft Daun (https://shamrocks.bandcamp.com/track/der-stern-der-grafschaft-daun)" :)) :disbelief: :grin: (Google translate says "Star Of The County Down"). Fun! :mandosmiley: "This is ShamRocks tapping into our weird side and dialing it up to eleven." Lol! And I'm in an elderly age bracket where I shouldn't like it, but I do. Lead singer sounds like a Klingon or something! :cool: Well done! :grin: :mandosmiley:

Can't quite make out all the lyrics though... some of the lyrics match the trad song, others I have no clue, hope it's not overly lewd or something. (I probably should determine that before sending a link to conservative friends, they might wonder about me.) :))

Anyway, thanks for posting! It's always interesting to hear fun new takes on older tunes. :mandosmiley:

Ausdoerrt
Sep-06-2017, 4:47am
Thanks for the kind words!

@JL277z: Yeah, we like to have our way with traditional tunes :D Glad that you like it, to be honest we didn't expect such a positive response for this specific song.

No worries though, the lyrics are the same as in the original, I think it's down to the accent/pronounciation (partly deliberate, partly unintentional) as well as having to cut down some lines to fit the rhythm.

MikeZito
Sep-06-2017, 7:38pm
Nice job - keep up the good work!

Jess L.
Sep-06-2017, 7:41pm
Thanks for the kind words!

@JL277z: Yeah, we like to have our way with traditional tunes :D Glad that you like it, to be honest we didn't expect such a positive response for this specific song.

No worries though, the lyrics are the same as in the original, I think it's down to the accent/pronounciation (partly deliberate, partly unintentional) as well as having to cut down some lines to fit the rhythm.

Excellent, thanks for the lyrics info! :mandosmiley: :)

Tavy
Sep-08-2017, 11:24am
Well, I admit that was a bit more rock than I was expecting ;) Very enjoyable though, good stuff!

Ausdoerrt
Sep-12-2017, 9:41am
Well, I admit that was a bit more rock than I was expecting ;) Very enjoyable though, good stuff!

Haha, yea, we do tend to get a heavier sound than most of the bands of a similar style. Mostly unintentional, though - it's just that at least half of the band members (myself included) are into heavy music, and we tend to bring those sensibilities in with us.

Thank you for the kind words though! Glad you liked it!