PDA

View Full Version : Chords/tabs/tutorials for any of these??

Islenska
Aug-22-2017, 8:11pm
It seems I cant find chords for virtually any of the music I even want to play on my new mandolin:( Any idea where to get any chords or tutorials for Morgan O'Kane, Ben Miller Band or The Dead South?? I can't find anything which I don't understand as some of them play mandolins in the songs :/ I really like the soundtrack for the show Outsiders and such like that but all I can find are guitar chords and tabs

Bill McCall
Sep-17-2017, 10:38am
An app like riffstation can determine the chords if you have a recording.

Philphool
Sep-17-2017, 9:04pm
It seems I cant find chords for virtually any of the music I even want to play on my new mandolin....... I really like the soundtrack for the show Outsiders and such like that but all I can find are guitar chords and tabs

I will just point out that a song chord progression is exactly that. It's what is followed by the guitars, fiddles, mandolins, or any other instrument that is playing the song. The melody and rhythm patterns may vary and can be determined by ear.

EdHanrahan
Sep-17-2017, 10:47pm
... a song chord progression ... is followed by the guitars, fiddles, mandolins, or any other instrument that is playing the song.
Meaning that you can use the guitar chord names to play mandolin chords. Granted that you can't use any guitar chord frames or tablature, but the chord names, and much standard staff-style notation, are not necessarily tied into a specific instrument.

It's true that some notation arrangements may be geared toward piano, guitar, flute, etc., but you'll soon find that, by leaving out some (extraneous?) ornamentation, all of them can be used to play mandolin.