PDA

View Full Version : Charity

hungry mountain boy
Jun-22-2005, 1:15pm
I'm just curious if others saw it and what they thought. Is anybody going to give her one? In the ad she is asking someone to give her an F style mandolin, she will pay shipping. I'm not out to bash or publicly speculate, just curious and would like to know if anyone plans to give her one. Interesting. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif

Mando4Life
Jun-22-2005, 1:21pm
I hope someone does it. I sent an old Kentucky F5 I had to a cafe member a while back. She had it for several months until she got a new one and sent it back; I ended up selling it later on. She also sent me a few misc items she had bought from the Bill Monroe estate sale as a gift for letting her use the mandolin. Wonder what she's up to now...

I'm sure there are more than a few folks that have old beaters lying around.....

WBL

stevem
Jun-22-2005, 1:55pm
Wish I had one to give or lend. Sounds like a legitimate request to me and probably took some courage to write too. I hope her wish comes true as well. You gotta feel for someone who's skilled and loves to play but can only afford the cheapest of mandos.

ShaneJ
Jun-22-2005, 4:02pm
If I had one for sale, I'd list it in the classifieds and accept donations until I reached whatever amount I thought I needed for it and then send it to her. Maybe somebody has a Kentucky, MM, MK or something....

I'll send some $, if one gets listed like that.

otterly2k
Jun-22-2005, 4:06pm
Hey, ya can't blame a gal for asking! Perhaps someone will be interested in trading for the Fender she has.

Tom C
Jun-22-2005, 4:31pm
She already has one. She does not <span style='color:red'>NEED</span> an F style -
No less it was a <span style='color:red'>gift</span>, but she wants another gift.

If it was somebody with no mando asking for any mando, it would not sound so selfish.

Tim Saxton
Jun-22-2005, 5:24pm
I'm just curious if others saw it and what they thought. Is anybody going to give her one? In the ad she is asking someone to give her an F style mandolin, she will pay shipping.
Well I finally have a place to send that stinky old 1923 F5 mandolin that has been in the case for the last 45 years.

Tim

mandroid
Jun-22-2005, 5:34pm
women have that something that men do go loopy to get a little bit of, http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

violmando
Jun-22-2005, 7:37pm
I loaned my Johnson F out to a former student so he could play....If I had another spare, I'd offer to LOAN it to her and see what her response was....I think instruments are meant to be played, but you can't "borrow" something forever...

Joe Parker
Jun-22-2005, 7:51pm
I'm sending her my Master Model-I'm a sucker for a damsel in distress. If I ever get it back will I then have a Distressed Master Model? Maybe it's really Dale or Mav in disguise trying to scare up some inventory for their mando site. Come on,let's all send her one or two! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

JPP