PDA

View Full Version : Weber Bridger Top Sinkage Issues?

timacn
Jul-27-2017, 8:58pm
I've always wanted a Weber Bridger Octave mandolin. A mandolin salesperson who I assume is quite knowledgeable (based on his affiliation with a very respected store) told me that some people say Weber Bridger Octaves have problems with top sinkage. I guess all mandolins can have such issues. That being said, I have a Weber Bridger mandolin and it has no signs of sinkage whatsoever. It does, however, have a very loud, melodious, and unique sound.

Any truth to the "top sinkage" rumor, or is it just one of those myths that seem to crop up about instruments from time to time?

George R. Lane
Jul-27-2017, 9:20pm
I would contact Bruce weber with your concerns.
Here is his email; bruce@montanalutherie.com

timacn
Jul-27-2017, 9:28pm
Good idea. I thought Bruce Weber had retired but, hopefully, I'm wrong about that. I do know that Bruce was known to be very good about honoring warranties and making repairs in the rare event that one of his instrument needed something. I own and have owned a few Weber instruments and they are and were great sounding and great looking and none had any structural issues whatsoever. The Bridger design, which I think Bruce Weber originated, is sort of unique, I believe. I've read that the late Stan Jay, who knew something about mandolins, loved Bridgers for their unique and pleasing sound.

George R. Lane
Jul-27-2017, 10:07pm
Bruce is no longer with Weber, he sold the business to Two Old Hippies 5 years ago. He has opened Montana Lutherie in the old Logan shop.