PDA

View Full Version : Weber on early Dailey and Vincent

red7flag
Jul-18-2017, 1:06pm
I was listening to the self titled Dailey and Vincent CD the first time in a while. I was really struck with the tone of the mandolin in that CD. If my memory is correct the mandolin used on that CD was a Weber. There is a clear woody sound that just works perfectly with the vocals and the material of that CD, much better than the standard grass barking mandolin would sound. That Weber would not be for hard driving grass, but perfect for Dailey and Vincent. As a follow up, I listened to a more recent D&V CD, Brothers from the Highway that has a more traditional mandolin sound. For that band, I prefer the Weber sound. Just me.

Ivan Kelsall
Jul-19-2017, 1:11am
Tony - Judging by my own Weber - i'd say that they can have a more 'open' & refined tone,what i refer to as a 'modern tone',but believe me,you can play 'em as hard as hell & they'll respond. Here's another fine sounding Weber. I don't know which model this is but it sounds terrific,
Ivan;)

https://youtu.be/j11SYrqaodw

HonketyHank
Jul-19-2017, 9:29am
Now I don't feel bad about scooping my Webers florida

mandoglobal
Jul-19-2017, 10:27pm
Now I don't feel bad about scooping my Webers florida
Nah, don't feel bad - I got the Florida on my Weber F-Octave scooped and I love it. Did it to my previous Flatiron F and my Sumi.