PDA

View Full Version : Telluride

oldwave maker
Jun-19-2005, 11:54am
A shot of Bobby Wintringham and one of his fine San Juan Mandolins on display at the Shanti booth at the telluride "bluegrass" festival:

oldwave maker
Jun-19-2005, 11:56am
I had not heard of Chris Standridge of Vancouver Wa, but here is one of his tasty 2 points at the band contest:

oldwave maker
Jun-19-2005, 12:00pm
just south of telluride, nice spot for making postcards of 'goldie':

Chris Baird
Jun-19-2005, 1:20pm
Oooo, looks nice and cool up there. Ole' Moab is already flirting with solid 100+ degree weather. Wish I could have made it but I'm on a short leash.

Ken Sager
Jun-19-2005, 3:29pm
Bill,
How did Ezra's band do in the contest?
Best,
Ken

Mando4Life
Jun-20-2005, 9:36am
Thanks for the photos!

Of all the places I've been around the world, The T-ride area of CO is one the most beautiful spots to visit. I was there about 3 yrs ago in the fall and it was fantastic.

Hopefully I can make it to the festival one day. #Those San Juan mandolins look mighty fine also. #How did it sound?

WBL

oldwave maker
Jun-20-2005, 11:16am
Ken- Ezra's band found out 48 hrs before the competition that it was a 1 mike setup on the contest stage, and they didnt project well. Badly Bent from durango won, they've been doing the 1 mike dance for a couple of years, with Robb Brophy on that incredible nugget F5. Why the utah state fiddle champ would slum on banjo with $700 at stake is beyond the comprehension of his ol' pappy. Caught
Peter Rowans new acoustic trio soundcheck, sure am proud of Sharon Gilchrist for climbing to the top of the mando food chain. Used her OW octave sunday with the main stage uncle earl set. I'd make Tara a mando to match her hair but the color keeps changing:

keithd
Jun-20-2005, 1:15pm
Bill,

You just need to design "jam jackets" for your mandolins: