PDA

View Full Version : LM-370 experiences?

Dave Greenspoon
Jul-01-2017, 9:29pm
I just pulled the trigger for the TMS flash sale on The Loar LM 370. I'm curious to hear from folks who have bought them about your experience with the instrument. It's clear the back and sides are laminate; e.g. the description says "maple" vs. "solid wood" on higher end lines. That's fine; I'm looking at this as a backup/festival instrument. TIA for sharing!

Pup
Jul-02-2017, 8:09pm
I almost pulled that same trigger for that same reason. Either my self-restraint is getting better, or my MAS knows it has bigger fish to fry.

From what I've seen and heard, these little guys do wondrous things with a CA bridge and bone nut, if it's not already. I would check to see if frets need filing down on the edges of the fingerboard, although Brian at TMS is pretty good about catching that kind of stuff.

Enjoy. I feel like some of the best things happen on these "kick-around" instruments. Don't you?

Dave Greenspoon
Jul-02-2017, 9:18pm
I almost pulled that same trigger for that same reason. Either my self-restraint is getting better, or my MAS knows it has bigger fish to fry.

From what I've seen and heard, these little guys do wondrous things with a CA bridge and bone nut, if it's not already. I would check to see if frets need filing down on the edges of the fingerboard, although Brian at TMS is pretty good about catching that kind of stuff.

Enjoy. I feel like some of the best things happen on these "kick-around" instruments. Don't you?

I figure that it will get a going over and tweaked as needed when it gets in. That said, I agree: it's often the little "nothing" mandos that surprise folks. Looking forward to having some fun with it.