PDA

View Full Version : Dave Peters' Transcriptions

miss sunnie
Jun-15-2005, 2:44pm
Dear Patient Peters Fans,

Suffice it to say, Dave Peters' Book, "Masters of the Mandolin" is
available once again. Please check this Mandolin Cafe site for all updated information. I finally have the kinks worked out with regard to my email, snail mail, forwarding address from two years ago, health, etc... I have received mail from the post office, some of which is well over a year and a half old. For those who have sent checks and they are outdated, I will be returning checks and asking if you still want the book, and if so, I have reserved a copy for you. For those who have sent a check within the past three or four months, I will process the order, but call you first to make sure that you haven't cancelled the check. There are still copies of Dave Peter's "Art in America" CD's available, see the Cafe for details, they can be ordered directly from the foundation, or from Bill Hamilton at Mid-Continent Music. Might I add, Bill has been a great supporter of the foundation, please check out his listings. Many thanks for your patience during this trying time.

miss sunnie

p.s. I forgot to add that the price of the book has increased, effective today, June 15, 2005. The Cafe is updating its information so it may not show here yet, but the new donation price is $36 plus $2 shipping. I'm sorry about the large increase, but cost of production has gone up and the margin that is left after expenses are paid is still not very much as we are not a for-profit foundation. There are no paychecks or overhead costs or anything else, after the printing is paid for, what is left goes to the
foundation, and that is marginal. The previous price yielded only $5 to the foundation for each book sold. The book price is not meant to be prohibitive to musicians thus it is as low as it is. The next project will be probably be a release of the material that Dave marketed in Japan. The rights to that material has been the prohibitive cost factor, but I am getting ready to ship current product to Japan and that order may be large enough to accomodate the expenses of that double CD project. There were three cassettes that provide enough material to collapse into 2 CDS. I will keep you posted and this and please let me know if this information
should be posted somewhere else, as I don't want to choke your LIST. Your input is always welcome.

Thanks,

miss sunnie
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

fredfrank
Jul-03-2005, 9:25am
Here's a link to an article on the home page:

Masters of the Mandolin (http://www.mandolincafe.com/davepeters/masters.html)

miss sunnie
Jul-06-2005, 3:56pm
I am in the process of getting the contents to where I can send them out. Please email me at jsunega@kumc.edu with these requests, thanks,

miss sunnie http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

miss sunnie
Jul-07-2005, 2:29pm
I've been getting numerous requests for the list of contents for the Masters of the Mandolin transcription book. That table of contents has now been posted here at the cafe. Under the Peters/Man With the Mandolin Foundation, look under Masters of the Mandolin. The contents are listed beneath the description of the book.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have trouble
finding the information. Maybe those of you who have the book could
comment on it in this thread so that other players would know what this is
all about.

Please remember the following:
Duplicate listings indicate different solos by that artist of the same
song transcribed. The list has not been edited for spelling, it is as it
was written. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Thanks for your interest, and your support,

miss sunnie
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Karen Kay
Jul-08-2005, 9:06am
We received ours a couple of days ago. Can't wait to try them out. It is also cool to have some more DP stuff.
R&K