PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 1973 Gibson F5 Master Model

kmmando
May-16-2017, 2:28pm
Here's an unusual one.

<Violation of Posting Guidelines. Removed by Moderator>

Mandoplumb
May-16-2017, 3:36pm
Was the tone bares thinned and top regradulated by Gibson in the 90's? I knew a man that bought one in the 70's and had that done and it made pretty good mandolin, all you had to do to make a new Gibson mandolin sound good in the 70's was remake it. Talk about a major set-up!

almeriastrings
May-16-2017, 11:44pm
Certainly unusual. I knew Carl Story, by the way, not quite as far back as the time he had involvement with this mandolin, but a few years later. Excellent musician and an incredible voice.

Ivan Kelsall
May-17-2017, 1:02am
I have to admit that this mandolin sounded pretty good to my ears - it's certainly got some life in it & i like the natural distressing' very much. If i didn't already have 3 mandolins,i'd be taking a very close look at it for certain. It could make somebody very happy indeed,
Ivan;)

William Smith
May-17-2017, 4:39am
I have to admit that this mandolin sounded pretty good to my ears - it's certainly got some life in it & i like the natural distressing' very much. If i didn't already have 3 mandolins,i'd be taking a very close look at it for certain. It could make somebody very happy indeed,
Ivan;)

I hear ya, I'm a fan of frankomutts, I messaged owner but havent heard from him. pry a good thing trying to buy a 36 fern. I think that takes first priority. already have mutts. It is a kool horn though :cool:

kmmando
May-17-2017, 8:33am
Probably a time difference thing, and the fact that the owner travels a great deal with his work. I'm sure he will be in touch, every reason to do so!

MikeEdgerton
May-17-2017, 10:40am
From the posting guidelines:

Ebay, online auctions, Cafe Classifieds, GoFundMe, KickStarter Campaigns and like crowd-sourcing pursuits, direct dealer solicitations: while discussing the online auctions or classified ads of others is permitted, posting personal transactions for business, fund-raising or pursuits that are overly self-promoting is prohibited.

The OP and the person selling are the same person.