PDA

View Full Version : How do you play this...

Bcole
Jun-14-2005, 10:01pm
How do you play 3-2h? #Is this played the same as 3-2p? #This is something that has puzzled me for months. #Could it possibly be this simple? #Thanks for the help.

Brian

Gail Hester
Jun-15-2005, 1:44am
Good question. #My guess is that notation is faulty since by definition hammer-ons and pull-offs are opposites. #Hammer-ons should go from a lower note to a higher note while pull-offs are from higher to a lower note, both with one pick stroke. #In fact, a common teaching exercise is to practice consecutive hammer-ons and pull-offs on the same two notes, say G and A on the E strings. The notation would be 3-5h and 5-3p.

-Chuck(not a teacher)Hester

Bcole
Jun-15-2005, 9:09am
I originally thought that it must have just been a mistake, but I have seen it several times now. Maybe all the songs that I have seen it on have been tabbed by the same person. Thanks for the help.

Brian

earthsave
Jun-15-2005, 12:14pm
I suppose if you strike the string fretted 3 and then hammer on the 2 that would work.

Sorta a pull-off immediately into a hammer-on

TommyK
Jun-15-2005, 1:53pm
How do you play 3-2h? #Is this played the same as 3-2p? #This is something that has puzzled me for months. #Could it possibly be this simple? #Thanks for the help.

Brian
I'm not real proficient at this sort of thing, but...

3-2h Fret 3 while hovering over 2. #Pick the 3 then release the 3 then in a simultaneous motion, hammer the 2 late enough to allow the 3 finger to clear.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif