PDA

View Full Version : Blistered Fingers Maine Festival

Steven
Jun-14-2005, 7:04pm
Well this figuers the festival starts on Thursday and ends on Sunday night.Its been pouring all day and they dont expect it to let up till Sunday night.I've never been to this one are there enough covered areas to play under?

Stephanie Reiser
Jun-14-2005, 7:24pm
If its still raining sunday I might just let it pass till the August event.

Dando
Jun-15-2005, 9:45am
steven,

blistered has a large tent area to the rear of the viewing area. this area will accomodate a couple of hundred people. the camping is good and flat.

we were there last year when a wild front raced through while rhonda vincent was on stage. lightening, thunder, sideways rain........the whole deal. but it passed and the show continued. we just ran back to the trailer and waited it out. my chair was a bit soggy, but oh well.

lots of picking in the camping areas, too. lots to see and hear!

are you headed for the jenny brook or brandon festivals? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Baron Collins-Hill
Jun-15-2005, 2:12pm
news update (i live about 6 miles away)

ive heard that its gonna be nice on saturday

who alls going and where should we meet up?

baron

Garry G
Jun-15-2005, 2:48pm
I'll be going up tomorrow afternooon. We could meet anywhere and then head somewhere to pick. We could meet to the right or left or rear of the stage or at the info shack that is to the left of the seating area as you are looking at the stage. I'll be leaving early tomorrow so if we don't decide tonight I won't know where to find anyone.