PDA

View Full Version : This is dumb, I know. Transformers Movie (1986) - The Touch.

Matt Harris
May-09-2017, 9:28am
I was reminiscing with a couple of high school buddies yesterday about toys and movies from our childhood, and they said they wanted to hear me do a version of 'The Touch', the main song from the 1986 Transformers movie, on the mandolin. So, I spent a couple of hours last night figuring out a little bit of it and recording it. Now they want me to do the whole thing...

The playing is marginal, I did it as quickly as I could. And the mixing/effects are atrocious. I'm just not very good at that yet. But it was fun to go so totally 'off the rails' and play something unusual like this, so I figured I'd share it because,. if nothing else, it's unique. And maybe it will be nostalgic for some folks here as well.

When I have more time I may re-record what I've got and do the entire song.

Here it is:

Transformer - The Touch, on Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/matt-harris-634251725/transformers-the-touch-beginning)

I used both of my mandolins and my octave mandolin, all listed in my signature. Recorded with a matched pair of Rode M5s running into a Presonus iTwo.

Nathan Kellstadt
May-09-2017, 3:26pm
Nice, Matt. You have me looking forward to the full version. Unicron digs it.