PDA

View Full Version : Custom Coleman Mandola near finish!

Pittsburgh Bill
Apr-26-2017, 2:53pm
Less than a month away from receiving my new custom built Coleman mandola. While my Trinity College has served me well, I am ready to upgrade. Keith Coleman has been a pleasure to work with talking me through my concerns and questions while helping me know what is most suitable to my playing needs as described to him.
In a few weeks I should have photographs of the finished dola soon to be followed with a sound clip.
I previously posted regarding this dola. I learned of Mr. Coleman through this forum and am very satisfied with my choice in builders.
If other Coleman owners or interested future owners of Keith Coleman instruments are reading this, please share your comments.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2dd6291bf0&view=att&th=15a5959527f60ab1&attid=0.2&disp=safe&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2dd6291bf0&view=att&th=15b4608dc99d6896&attid=0.3&disp=safe&zw

Pittsburgh Bill
Apr-26-2017, 3:00pm
First a terminally ill computer, then a new tablet, and now a new computer with Windows 10 (after using Vista for 8 years) that I still cannot figure out how to post pictures that used to be soooo easy before my old computer got sick.

MontanaMatt
Apr-26-2017, 3:25pm
The waiting is the hardest part!
Good luck with posting, looking forward to seeing the new baby!

PH-Mando
Apr-27-2017, 4:05am
Is this the one....?:

Pittsburgh Bill
Apr-27-2017, 10:48am
Is this the one....?:

YES!!!!!, and I am over the top eager to get it.
16" scale, oval hole, slim profile neck w/ 1 1/4" nut, turquoise fret markers, strung with emandos medium gauge flatwound strings', compound radius fret board, and best of all with Mr. Coleman's reputation for building mandolin family instruments with exemplary tone and playability. All of this with an affordable cost that doesn't break the bank.
More pictures available on Mr. Coleman's FaceBook Page

PH-Mando
Apr-27-2017, 3:48pm
Tone and action are what make my Coleman a great mandolin. The carving on the back and front of my f-style is very nice. Check this out:

Pittsburgh Bill
Apr-27-2017, 8:58pm
PH-Mando

Very nice indeed! Mr. Coleman is unknown amongst my crowd in Pa and South Florida. I believe they will be impressed when my dola arrives.

MontanaMatt
Apr-28-2017, 9:07am
PH, the scroll and heal look cool, do you have a picture of the top?

Pittsburgh Bill
Apr-28-2017, 2:59pm
PH, the scroll and heal look cool, do you have a picture of the top?

Check it out on his Face book Page. I'm still having difficulty with photos. Perhaps because I do not have a FaceBook account. I found the carving on the back of PH Mando's F style very very nice as well.

PH-Mando
Apr-30-2017, 6:19am
If you want a good view of how my f style looks and sounds, check out my video on youtube entitled "my new keith coleman mandolin"