PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel "El Toro"

kyken
Apr-01-2017, 2:18pm
This is a new model that I'm building called El Toro. It has a varnish finish done with rottenstone, hybrid top(1850 redwood on the bass side & 1904 red spruce on the treble side). Just strung up and sounds good.

pops1
Apr-01-2017, 2:30pm
Very nice Ken, how does the hybrid top change the sound? Interesting idea.

bbcee
Apr-01-2017, 3:06pm
Love the aesthetic, Ken, and that back is a jaw-dropper too.

Skip Kelley
Apr-01-2017, 7:33pm
Ken, that's so cool! I love everything about it! I really like how the finish looks!

Br1ck
Apr-02-2017, 1:19am
Love your two points. Love all of them really. That is one beautiful instrument.

Ivan Kelsall
Apr-02-2017, 2:29am
A superb looking mandolin Ken !!,:disbelief:
Ivan;)

kyken
Apr-02-2017, 6:03am
Very nice Ken, how does the hybrid top change the sound? Interesting idea.
The hybrid top seems to have a well balanced sound. Good bass, and excellent highs with nice punch and pop. I may try that again.Thanks all, how ya doing Skip?

ElijahMoore
Apr-02-2017, 8:24am
Awesome! Looks superb. Love the name "El Toro"!

John Soper
Apr-02-2017, 11:20am
That is one sexy two point! I love the non-traditional look!

juneman
Apr-02-2017, 1:03pm
Nice work, Ken!!!

Walter "JUNE" mandolins and guitars

Skip Kelley
Apr-02-2017, 7:22pm
Hey brother Ken, we're doing good! I sent you a pm.

Randi Gormley
Apr-03-2017, 10:36am
Really nice vibe going on there. Like the color scheme. Any chance of a sound clip?

CWRoyds
Apr-03-2017, 10:43am
Wow.
That is a beautiful instrument.
I love the overall design.
The wood and color is stunning.
I especially like the binding.

Denny Gies
Apr-03-2017, 11:26am
That's a real beauty. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.

kyken
Apr-03-2017, 2:10pm
Really nice vibe going on there. Like the color scheme. Any chance of a sound clip?
I'm working on a soundclip. Video soundclip. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff, tech stuff.

kyken
Apr-04-2017, 1:22pm
I have a video soundclip available on you tube. When I can figure out how to make a link to it I will. Please excuse my sorry playing because since I cut two of my fingers half off on my left hand, I have a hard time. Also excuse my clothes because I just came from the shop from staining.
Go to you tube and type in Silverangel El Toro. Should see and here it.
Thanks,

Astro
Apr-04-2017, 8:06pm
Sounds and looks great Ken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiBykivq6RI

Grommet
Apr-08-2017, 1:56am
Absolutely Beautiful Ken. I love the two points, but here you have a whole new vibe.

Scott

kyken
Apr-10-2017, 8:25am
New bridge design for the 3rd El toro....

eastKYmando
Apr-24-2017, 8:07pm
I picked up Ken's first El Toro, about a week and a half ago. I've been extremely busy, but finally found time to put a little video together. I made it with my phone, so, it may not be the best quality. Hopefully, you'll be able to get the drift of what it sounds like. This mandolin has an Italian Spruce top, curly maple back and sides, 1 3/16" radius fret board, James tailpiece, X-braced. I really like the tone of this mandolin, it's packed with warmth and deepness that comes standard issue in Ken's mandolins. I'm also really enjoying the neck and playability, quite a lot. Anyway, here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJs1_BeeASQ

Jstring
Apr-24-2017, 8:35pm
Sounds great, Donnie! Thanks for posting that video...

So you're buying a Silverangel every year? Ken should have a rewards program for you... buy 9 and the 10th is free! Lol...

eastKYmando
Apr-24-2017, 9:38pm
Sounds great, Donnie! Thanks for posting that video...

So you're buying a Silverangel every year? Ken should have a rewards program for you... buy 9 and the 10th is free! Lol...

I love breaking them in, what can I say.

Skip Kelley
Apr-30-2017, 6:58pm
Sounding good Donnie! I love that El Toro!