PDA

View Full Version : Track this topic

grant_eversoll
Jun-08-2005, 5:34pm
Has the way the option "Track this topic" changed the way it works?
Before I would click on "Track this topic" and the next time someone would post I would get an e-mail telling me there was a post in topic "what about picks" or what ever I was tracking.

I did not change anything but I am not getting the e-mails.

I can go to my control panel and check the topics I am "tracking" but no e-mails...Did I do something to change this and not know I did it? I had not visited "My control panel" until after I realized I was not tracking topics. This has been going on for maybe a week...Ideas?

grant_eversoll
Jun-08-2005, 7:45pm
well, now it's working, who knows why, I don't really care, just glad it is, thanks if someone fixed it

glauber
Jun-08-2005, 11:52pm
Email is a funny thing. There are a zillion things that can go wrong and make you not receive email. For example, anti-spam filters.

Moose
Jun-09-2005, 12:26pm
I work(!?#) at a large University(Delaware) - Yes, :"glitichs" /po###p happen. With e-mail/tracking in particular!! - I usually try : (1)keep try'n..., (2)hit it again the next day!! - or (2) as a "last resort" call the highly-paid "tecy" and usually he/she plays around (i.e. kills UD time). They'll NEVER admit they "...can't figure it out." - My advice: stay cool.., take a break(it ain't YOUR fault!), leave it!! - play a few on your mando... - and good luck. Computers are material things - mandolins are "ethereal" (source: Moose)- http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif