PDA

View Full Version : What kind of tuners and where can i get replacement parts?

mandognome
Feb-28-2017, 2:15pm

Hi, I was hoping someone can help me. I noticed my Mandocello tuner button was loose but I didn't tighten it right away. Which was dumb. And eventually it vanished. :(

I called Weber today and a very nice gentleman is going to try and help, but prepared me that I might have to buy the whole row of tuners. So I thought I should post here and see what other resources I should know about since all I really need is the button and the spacer-thingy and the screw. You can see the intact one next to it.

Anyone know where I can score some replacement parts and what I should ask for so I don't embarrass myself by saying words like "spacer-thingy?"

MikeEdgerton
Feb-28-2017, 3:29pm
Other than the spacer thingy you might be able to get those parts for your Grover tuners at www.allparts.com. If you call them on the phone you might do better. I'll take it a step farther, unless they have broken sets of old tuners laying around you might have to buy the entire set. The good news is those are standard Grover tuners. There's nothing unique to Weber about them.

These (http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Mandolin_Tuning_Machines/Grover_A-Style_309_Mandolin_Tuning_Machines.html) are the new style Grover worm over A style tuners. The older ones with the black shafts might be harder to find.

You might get lucky and somebody here might have a spacer, button, and screw.

If you're like me you'll find the missing parts after you buy something new.

MikeEdgerton
Feb-28-2017, 3:43pm
After doing a quick search I believe those are Grover 308 tuners.

George R. Lane
Feb-28-2017, 3:43pm
Sent you a PM.

MikeEdgerton
Feb-28-2017, 3:44pm
It appears he might be a lucky guy! Thanks George. :cool:

George R. Lane
Feb-28-2017, 3:49pm
Always happy to help out a fellow Weber owner. I believe the 308 tuners are not in production anymore.

MikeEdgerton
Feb-28-2017, 6:09pm
You are correct.