PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Warren Ellis tenor owners

Zamboni
Feb-25-2017, 1:49pm
After playing mandolin for years and then giving it up for a long time due to not having a playable instrument, I'm getting back into the stringed instrument game with a Warren Ellis tenor 2P I'll be ordering next week. I've played them before and found the spacing at the nut VERY comfortable, but slightly too wide at the bridge. Since the trem version with the narrower bridge spacing uses the same neck width and nut spacing, I'm planning to just swap out the bridge. Also, I know the pots are kinda mediocre. So I have the following questions...

1. Can anyone with a WE tenor (not the tremolo version) measure the mounting hole spacing on the bridge? I'm hoping the Golden Age hardtail top loading bridge by stewmac will be a drop-in replacement, but I'll need to know the hole spacing first.

2. Does anybody know the pot values on this thing? I'm hoping to order some CTS pots and a treble bleed circuit.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Chip Stewart
Feb-25-2017, 5:15pm
I measured the bridge mounting hole spacing on my Warren Ellis tenor guitar. The distance side to side is 68 mm (center to center). The distance front to back is 29 mm (center to center). The Golden Age hardtail top loading bridge is within a mm or so in both directions. Since I'm not sure I can guarantee my measurements + 1 mm, it most likely will be a drop-in replacement.

Zamboni
Feb-25-2017, 6:23pm
Thanks so much! You rock!