PDA

View Full Version : Dickson, TN (Nashville Area)

tnpathfinder
Jun-07-2005, 9:56am
2005 Dickson Fiddlers /Bluegrass Contest

June 11th 2005, bring your entire family out for an exciting Bluegrass Festival and Contest. We will have everything from Fiddlers, cloggers, buck dancers, dobro players, mandolin players, square dancers, banjo pickers, bluegrass bands, and old time string bands. You will see it all! Lots of good food and homemade crafts for you to even get some shopping done. Prize money will only go to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but it will be over $6000.00 awarded! If you need any additional information please contact Rhonda Adams at the Dickson County Chamber of Commerce 615-446-2349, or www.dicksoncountychamber.com.
2005 Dickson Fiddlers/Bluegrass Contest (http://www.dicksoncountychamber.com/event_calendar/index.cgi?sID=28&mode=detail&eID=8655)

picksnbits
Jun-07-2005, 10:47am
Lookin forward to it. I plan to spend the day there jammin.

BTW, the contest is indoors so you don't have to worry about the weather. There's room for jams inside and out.

tnpathfinder
Jun-07-2005, 11:35am
Me Too! We should meet up and pick alittle.

acousticphd
Jun-07-2005, 11:57am
Wear your mando cafe hats!
Here is the link for the contest:
http://www.dicksonfiddlers.com/

I hope I may get out there too. It was pretty hard to find any old-time or non/pre-bluegrass music there last year, but I that's normal for your average festival, even one that doesn't actually have "Bluegrass" in the description. I'll have to dig through my collection for an f-hole mandolin.

tnpathfinder
Jun-07-2005, 12:01pm
Where can find one of these hats you speak of?

acousticphd
Jun-07-2005, 12:04pm
Re: hats.

I was making that up. Maybe badges?

earthsave
Jun-07-2005, 12:09pm
Just take one of the stickers and cover up whatever emblem you have on any old hat. #Voila.... Mando Cafe hat.:blues:

picksnbits
Jun-07-2005, 1:20pm
Got no sticker, I'll be wearing a goofy grin and slappin a distressed Silver Angel F5 for all I'm worth.

tnpathfinder
Jun-07-2005, 3:24pm
That should be easy enough to spot. See ya there!

johnhgayjr
Jun-07-2005, 3:33pm
I'm going to try to go by for some jamming. #I'll be the big goofy guy with the Daley mandolin.

John Gay
Memphis

Kevin K
Jun-07-2005, 4:25pm
"I'm going to try to go by for some jamming. I'll be the big goofy guy with the Daley mandolin.John Gay Memphis "

.....That sounds like Monroe and Compton put together. He plays good and that Daley sounds nice. IMHO.

Kevin