PDA

View Full Version : my 1925 A4 audio bits part 2

mmuller
Feb-03-2017, 5:46pm
Sitting with the new mandolin noodling, came up with a bluegrass-ish line. Wanted to go funky with it instead. Did this little backing track in my home studio, playing all the instruments just to get idea down. Almost a "real" song. Here's my little set up. Swivel chair to whichever instrument. Fun.

Jess L.
Feb-03-2017, 11:31pm
That was fun! :mandosmiley: Nice groove. I could listen to that kind of thing all day. (It's always refreshing to hear good upbeat instrumental music without the distraction of gratuitous lyrics.) :)

EdHanrahan
Feb-04-2017, 12:24am
Fun stuff. Thanks! Surely some TV sitcom producer would love to get that as a theme song.

I hear an electric guitar but don't see one; would that be on the double neck steel, or maybe keyboard?

mmuller
Feb-04-2017, 10:21am
Thanks for checking out tune. Yes, 68 tele thinline through a 73 super six reverb using 2 JBL K120s. That photo was just an old pic of my work space. And to ruin a perfectly fine piece of music, I have a general vocal melody and some bits of lyrics, unless of course a TV show wants the track. Sold!

mmuller
Feb-04-2017, 10:29am
That was fun! :mandosmiley: Nice groove. I could listen to that kind of thing all day. (It's always refreshing to hear good upbeat instrumental music without the distraction of gratuitous lyrics.) :)

I have a couple instrumental CD's up on CD Baby and iTunes. This one features Victor Wooten.

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marcmuller

Good music, cheap!