PDA

View Full Version : Article: New Music from Andrew Buckner- Coffee and a Good Book

Mandolin Cafe
Jan-13-2017, 2:31pm
You can view the page at http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?323-New-Music-from-Andrew-Buckner-Coffee-and-a-Good-Book

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=152977&d=1484335114&stc=1 (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?323-New-Music-from-Andrew-Buckner-Coffee-and-a-Good-Book)

atbuckner21
Jan-13-2017, 3:56pm
Thanks so much Scott! I really appreciate your support, and I am very thankful to be a part of this community! :)

JSanta
Jan-13-2017, 4:21pm
Loved the title track! I'll definitely order this one soon :)

atbuckner21
Jan-13-2017, 4:36pm
Loved the title track! I'll definitely order this one soon :)
Thanks so much for the encouragement! :)

LillianBelle
Jan-13-2017, 5:15pm
Bought on Amazon, listening as I type! Great stuff! "Earl Grey In The Morn" and "Coffee and A Good Book" are my favorites!

atbuckner21
Jan-13-2017, 5:21pm
Lillian,
Thank you so much!!!!!! I had so much fun writing and recording those! :) I really appreciate your support!

Delaware
Jan-13-2017, 5:40pm
Wonderful and nicely recorded. I love the natural sound.

atbuckner21
Jan-13-2017, 5:43pm
Delaware,
Thanks so much. It was recorded using a DPA D:vote instrument mic, and a Northfield Model M with Engelman top. I can't say enough about that mandolin! I love it so much :)

blauserk
Jan-14-2017, 1:02am
Bought the EP on iTunes this evening. I really enjoy the spare sound of solo mandolin, and the recording is excellent.

Clement Barrera-Ng
Jan-14-2017, 3:24am
I just got the album from Amazon as well. Really great work Andrew. Nice recording and playing. Especially love the title track - is that an original by you?

I'm really glad to hear that you are loving the Model M and making such wonderful music with it. I wish I can say I'm doing the same with your old Pava - the fault is entirely in the user.

brenstaf
Jan-14-2017, 10:13am
Andrew, congratulations on your new release! Really enjoyed your title track! I live in Monterey also and just discovered your music through Facebook. Is great to see you here on the Cafe. Hope to hear you perform sometime. :-)

Jack Roberts
Jan-14-2017, 10:30am
Great! I am listening to the album now. I just took a break from reading a good book and enjoying my coffee to tell say how much I enjoy solo mandolin music.

atbuckner21
Jan-14-2017, 12:49pm
Bought the EP on iTunes this evening. I really enjoy the spare sound of solo mandolin, and the recording is excellent.
Thanks so much for getting it! I had the idea in mind for awhile to either record solo mandolin or mandolin and acoustic guitar only for that very reason. I really appreciate you listening and your support! :)

atbuckner21
Jan-14-2017, 12:51pm
I just got the album from Amazon as well. Really great work Andrew. Nice recording and playing. Especially love the title track - is that an original by you?

I'm really glad to hear that you are loving the Model M and making such wonderful music with it. I wish I can say I'm doing the same with your old Pava - the fault is entirely in the user.

Thanks so much for getting the record! The title is an original. It's a melody I kept humming for a couple of years, but it never turned into anything. A few months ago the chord structure of the song materialized while practicing and they seemed like a natural pair. I am not one of the lucky ones who hears something before I play it, but this was as close I have ever gotten! I love my M, but that Pava is lovely and I am sure it enjoys being owned by you!! Keep in touch, and thanks for the encouragement Clement! :)

atbuckner21
Jan-14-2017, 12:53pm
Andrew, congratulations on your new release! Really enjoyed your title track! I live in Monterey also and just discovered your music through Facebook. Is great to see you here on the Cafe. Hope to hear you perform sometime. :-)

Thanks so much for getting the EP! You live in Monterey????!!!! Email me and we need to get coffee sometime! My wife and I live off of Woodcliff Rd within 1 mile of the BPC. My email is abuckner@thebradleyagency.net. Thanks again!!! :)

atbuckner21
Jan-14-2017, 12:56pm
Great! I am listening to the album now. I just took a break from reading a good book and enjoying my coffee to tell say how much I enjoy solo mandolin music.
Jack,
I love this comment! Thanks for taking the time to not only listen, but to send another mando-lover encouragement. I hope the EP provides the background for many more books and many more coffees (I am about to have a coffee now). I love solo mandolin myself, and when I worked on this project it became apparent that there is a lack of solo mandolin recordings available. Most are themed, or focus around a composer (Bach, Mozart, etc - which I love so much) and I was excited to create a record that focused on non-themed or composer based ideas. Thanks again for your nice message, have a great weekend!

Paul Statman
Jan-15-2017, 12:52pm
Such a beautiful song and expressive tone on this title track of yours, Andrew. I wish you great success with this recording.
Peace and Love

atbuckner21
Jan-15-2017, 2:34pm
Such a beautiful song and expressive tone on this title track of yours, Andrew. I wish you great success with this recording.
Peace and Love
Thanks so much! I really appreciate you listening, and I glad you enjoy the title track! I hope you know your encouragement means a ton! Have a great MLK day!

Alfons
Jan-15-2017, 6:16pm
Nice work Andrew, and great accompaniment to Peets Ethiopian Supernatural, which only comes around once a year. Really enjoyed the solo mandolin format, the mix of material, and your playing.

atbuckner21
Jan-15-2017, 8:30pm
Nice work Andrew, and great accompaniment to Peets Ethiopian Supernatural, which only comes around once a year. Really enjoyed the solo mandolin format, the mix of material, and your playing.
Alfons,
Thanks for taking the time to post on here about the EP. I am glad you like the format, and that it accompanied a nice cup of coffee. You were kind to post this, and I hope you use this record alongside many more cups of Joe! :)

monk
Jan-18-2017, 9:25am
I just ordered this EP. I really love it. Andrew, I liked your rendition of Jerusalem Ridge. Earl Grey in the Morn and then Coffee and a Good Book fit my morning perfectly. I am stuck in the house in Houston due to heavy rain and flooding enjoying my coffee and a good EP. Thanks.

atbuckner21
Jan-18-2017, 9:41am
I just ordered this EP. I really love it. Andrew, I liked your rendition of Jerusalem Ridge. Earl Grey in the Morn and then Coffee and a Good Book fit my morning perfectly. I am stuck in the house in Houston due to heavy rain and flooding enjoying my coffee and a good EP. Thanks.

Monk,
Thank YOU! I so appreciate you getting the record. My favorite (also, most productive) days are rainy days, and it makes me so happy that you are enjoying a rainy day more with my EP. Thanks for reaching out to me :) Have a happy, rainy day!- Andrew

darylcrisp
Jan-19-2017, 8:05pm
just purchased, this is great Andrew-thanks, my style of mandolin music, give us more!

daryl

atbuckner21
Jan-19-2017, 11:11pm
just purchased, this is great Andrew-thanks, my style of mandolin music, give us more!

daryl

Daryl,
That's really kind of you to say! I am already running through material for another EP or full length solo mandolin record in the future. I appreciate you buying the record, and taking the time to encourage me. :)- Andrew