PDA

View Full Version : Lost Van Gogh painting?

Scott Tichenor
Mar-06-2004, 10:35pm
My friend Bill Crahan who I've done gigs with for years asked me to come over to his studio about a month ago. A student of his wanted to photograph us with instruments so she could paint us into a Van Gogh copy she was doing. Boy, what a job she did! If you've every seen van Gogh's Night Cafe you'll understand the joke here.

mandomick
Mar-06-2004, 11:07pm
Man I wish I could do that!

mikeomando
Mar-07-2004, 1:26am
would she sell it? I'm interested...

JiminRussia
Mar-07-2004, 1:41am
I like it, but Vincent did it better.

Michael Lewis
Mar-07-2004, 2:31am
Very cool Scott! I think she did a marvelous job of it.

mandoryan
Mar-07-2004, 3:45am
Very cool, I really like how she treated the floor...It's very rich and almost moving from the colors that she used. Van Gogh is just fascinating to me...I went to college for art and couldn't get enough of his work...I love the movement. The first time I saw one of his original works, I stood there just trying to imagine how he saw the same image. She did a great job interpreting! Enough ranting from me.. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Scott Tichenor
Mar-07-2004, 8:27am
Here's the original van Gogh

Ted Eschliman
Mar-07-2004, 8:36am
That's really cool!
Van Gogh & mandolins. Is it true he had an "ear" for music?

Dennis Gordon
Mar-07-2004, 8:52am
Using those two empty chairs was brilliant. Nice job...

mandocrustacean
Mar-07-2004, 9:14am
I love it. I'm a high school art teacher and also paint, sculpt, and photograph. I had my students do a similar thing by choosing a 20th century painting and, using that artists style, paint themselves into the picture. That painting she did would make a great album cover.

Scotti Adams
Mar-07-2004, 10:03am
...Im lovin it.....it would have been cool to have seen Big Mun in there too...quite a talent that gal has..

Scott Tichenor
Mar-07-2004, 1:08pm
Hey, folks. I've booted a few photoshop'd knock-offs off this thread in the past few minutes. I'd like to keep this on track so if you don't mind, please post them elsewhere or preferably not at all. I'd originally locked this thread because it felt like it'd gotten hi-jacked. There's a time and place. This a.m. those don't feel like the time and the place. If you want to do that to someone else's thread I guess go for it.

Ajvessey
Mar-07-2004, 4:39pm
That's a really cool picture. I'm a big Van Gogh fan and I really like what she did with it. What awesome detail on you and your friend especially.