PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel 100 year old red spruce

kyken
Jan-08-2017, 3:25pm
Here's the latest from my bench. This is from a stash of red Adirondack from an old building in upstate NY. Has the sound.

William Smith
Jan-08-2017, 4:19pm
Awesome Ken!!!
Your mandolins really intrigue me, I've never been fortunate to play on one, hopefully one day! They look fantastic with everything you do, the carving on the back is super KOOL and is that also a handpainted angel type on the back or some sort of laminate photo, then finished over ? Very nice indeed

Br1ck
Jan-08-2017, 5:19pm
I enjoy my Econo A every day, and while I played a bunch of nice mandolins at Gryphon the other day, I came home to my SA and had no regrets about it. Wouldn't trade it for the average Collings A.

Boy, an adi topped SA would sure complement my redwood topped Econo, wouldn't it?

kyken
Jan-08-2017, 6:59pm
Awesome Ken!!!
Your mandolins really intrigue me, I've never been fortunate to play on one, hopefully one day! They look fantastic with everything you do, the carving on the back is super KOOL and is that also a handpainted angel type on the back or some sort of laminate photo, then finished over ? Very nice indeed
That's an oil painting on the wood. I was a painter many years before a mandolin maker. It looks old with the crackeling. Reminds me of paintings I've seen in the Louvre.

Skip Kelley
Jan-08-2017, 8:56pm
Hey brother Ken, your mandolin looks awesome! It looks like a real old one! I know it sounds old too!

wildpikr
Jan-09-2017, 1:09pm
That's a really nice carving on the back, too!

Austin Bob
Jan-09-2017, 5:23pm
Love it, almost too purty to play.

Gregory Tidwell
Jan-10-2017, 12:27pm
I have always loved the look of the artwork you put on (all of?) your mandolins. Makes them different, in a good way. Never played one, but maybe someday.

Joey Anchors
Jan-20-2017, 6:03pm
One day I will own a SA F-style mandolin! Gorgeous work Ken.