PDA

View Full Version : New Gibson Bros album

Crowder
Mar-06-2004, 9:54pm
I for one am very excited about the new Gibson Brothers album set for release on March 16th. I've been hearing preview tracks on XM and elsewhere, and the material is definitely up to the high standard they set on "Bona Fide". Marc MacGlashans has achieved a really good mandolin tone on the new recording and laid down some great tracks. Anyone else looking forward to this release?

mandomood
Mar-06-2004, 11:29pm
what is marc playing now that the smith creek went up for sale?...

he's a super nice guy always willing to chat about mando...

BigJoe
Mar-07-2004, 12:16am
He's been playing a Gibson for awhile now. Great player, great guy. The whole band is good and the guys are great. Buy their album. They deserve it.

Crowder
Mar-07-2004, 3:46pm
Per an email from Marc, he played two newer Smith Creek mandolins on all the tunes except two. Those two were a Gibson Fern.

KevinM
Mar-08-2004, 5:00pm
Crowder - these guys are the real deal - I was just listening to Bona Fide this past weekend. Great songwriting.

RI Jim
Mar-08-2004, 9:24pm
Hey Crowder i have a really fond memory of a Gibson Bros show earlier this Winter. I Live in RI and was lucky enough to spend the day at Dave Smiths shop chewing the fat about building and fending off a couple of Beautiful Boxer dogs. We split and later caught up with Dave at this little hole-in-the-wall second story of a warehouse ' concert venue ' to see the Gibson Bros. To be honest i had never heard a note they've played , but the set was actually fantastic ! The best part of the entire night was getting there early and watching Dave pull one Smith Creek after another out of a stack of cases and watching Marc sail away on each one ! He played a FANTASTIC #oval hole that he ended up using for a couple of songs on stage that night.
# # All in all i'd say a pretty good day huh ?

Jim
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif