PDA

View Full Version : Stradolin 2-point

JRG
Jan-01-2017, 9:06am
Happy New Year to all the Cafe folks. I recently acquired a Stradolin 2-point, didn't know they made one and bought it on a whim. The brace under the bridge has come loose on the bass side and the top has sunk though not as much as you'd think. Would this be repairable and any idea what it would cost ? The mandolin is in very sound condition otherwise. Thanks, JG

MikeEdgerton
Jan-01-2017, 12:04pm
Anything can be repaired the question will always be the cost. Pictures might help but the repair person will probably want to see it before they give you a price. Take a look at the Strad-O-Lin social group. There are pictures of Strad 2 pointers in there.

your_diamond
Mar-10-2017, 2:20am
Stradolin 2-point... The brace under the bridge has come loose on the bass side and the top has sunk though not as much as you'd think. Would this be repairable and any idea what it would cost? Thanks, JG

So JRG, did you have any luck getting it repaired?

JRG
Mar-10-2017, 8:52am
So far, no luck but I haven't really put forth a lot of effort. Planning on taking it to a local guy next week, will keep you posted.

your_diamond
Apr-19-2017, 12:09pm
So far, no luck but I haven't really put forth a lot of effort. Planning on taking it to a local guy next week, will keep you posted.

It took me a year to get my "Star model" fixed (top crack). Found just the right guy. Wasn't cheap but it's tight & sounds wonderful. I've got it for sale (or trade) in the classifieds because, while I was waiting & waiting & waiting for it to get fixed, I found an Artist Model that I can't put down.

I had a 2-point that was lovely. Should have never sold it.

Did you ever get your 2 point fixed?