PDA

View Full Version : my new emando

thistle3585
Jun-02-2005, 11:38am
My newest emando. Solid walnut body, maple neck, 12" radiused ebony fretboard, abalone fret markers, Gotoh tuners, curly walnut headstock overlay dyed ebony, mild flame maple top and my own bridge. The electronics were supplied. Dual Blade humbucker by Carvin which fits in a single pickup slot. The switch turns one blade off, and I am not exactly sure what all he's got going on with all the knobs.(I just drilled the holes.) It is going back to him for the final soldering and then back to me for final setup.

michaell
Jun-03-2005, 1:12am
Who's the builder?

thistle3585
Jun-03-2005, 11:48am
I am. I built it for a friend of mine. He supplied the electronics, I did everything else.

billkilpatrick
Jun-03-2005, 12:29pm
georgeous! very clean ... elegant ... lovely proportions - really beautiful. complimenti - bill

Pedal Steel Mike
Jun-03-2005, 3:47pm
I need a cheap but decent solid body. I have a mandobird (8 string) on order, but I hate the way it looks. Could you make a bare bones, no frills A shape? If so, how much would you charge?

I already have a bolt on neck, all you'd need do is make a body and set everything up.

thistle3585
Jun-03-2005, 4:22pm
Mike,
I sent you an email. I have a couple bodies awaiting necks, so I think we could get that thing going for you. I assume that was the replacement neck for your Galveston.

bjc
Jun-03-2005, 5:05pm
that's a nice looking axe...how long did it take start to finish?

thistle3585
Jun-03-2005, 5:47pm
I started discussing that mando on June 15th of last year. At least that was when I got together with the guy. I was taking mando lessons from him and mentioned that I had a woodworking business, so we hatched a plan to make one for he and I. I don't know how long it actually took because I was doing a lot of design work and jig building and just generally dragging my feet, but I could probably crank them out pretty quickly now. I'm still screwing around a little with neck and headstock design.

Incidentally, not to brag, but I will. That mando will hopefully be making its public debute in the opening act for the Sam Bush concert on July 29. Thats pathetic isn't it? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

mrmando
Jun-03-2005, 6:02pm
That mando will hopefully be making its public debute in the opening act for the Sam Bush concert on July 29. #Thats pathetic isn't it? #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif
Not necessarily. If Sammy likes it, he might order one!