PDA

View Full Version : this is just a cool video, watch how they focus in on the

darylcrisp
Dec-23-2016, 5:06pm
instrument and hands of each player, just a well made video with a different approach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtEFXm7eobg

HonketyHank
Dec-23-2016, 6:18pm
I did indeed like the cinematography as well as the music itself. Interesting that the banjo had black tape covering the brand name on the peghead. But not the 'Mastertone' inlay at the 22nd fret.

BrianWilliam
Dec-24-2016, 6:47am
Great video. Decent playing ;)

BJ O'Day
Dec-24-2016, 7:28am
Interesting that the banjo had black tape covering the brand name on the peghead. But not the 'Mastertone' inlay at the 22nd fret.

Hank,
Maybe that's where he clips the capo when not in use.
BJ

montana
Dec-24-2016, 11:41am
Wow banjo player only two fingers.

Denman John
Dec-24-2016, 11:43am
Shot not too far from out place on Vancouver Island, BC

So much talent and goodness in that video that I never tire of it. Great video/song to play along with as well!

Thanks for sharing this again!
John

Joey Anchors
Dec-24-2016, 6:57pm
Wow this is an amazing video! I'll be watching this over and over.

wxfloyd
Dec-24-2016, 10:10pm
Great video. Loved the music and the cinematography.

Bertram Henze
Dec-25-2016, 2:46am
a well made video with a different approach

A good example of "less is more", IMHO. Instead of the usual tickertape parade of ultra-short cuts jumping all over the place visually, the camera rests exactly where our gaze would rest. The camera does it's job without getting in the way, letting us forget that there is a camera at all.

Don Grieser
Dec-25-2016, 2:35pm
Maybe the best total band sound of any group. Such a cohesive groove.

Caleb
Dec-25-2016, 3:46pm
Awesome camera work, and absolutely brilliant chemistry within this band - not to mention they are all insanely talented players. I particularly loved the guitar work.

Peter Coronado
Dec-26-2016, 12:19am
Beautiful video and audio. How do you suppose they recorded this? The video and audio are in synch note-by-note it seems. I hear the water, too, but it sounds like a well mic'd studio recording.

michaelcj
Dec-26-2016, 12:51am
During the intro…check out the bass…. you can actually see the "waves" on the second string after she plucks it.
Cool Video…well shot.

Bertram Henze
Dec-27-2016, 2:31am
check out the bass…. you can actually see the "waves" on the second string after she plucks it.

I guess that is a strobe effect brought on by the camera's shutter frequency. I had that with my OM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DryZppEtkac), too.

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-27-2016, 2:40am
They shot another video at the same time. The tune was ''Lancaster Sound''. I downloaded the 2 of them at least 18 months ago. They were both on 'Vimeo'.

Nick Hornbuckle's banjo is the same model as that used by Peter Wernick (Hot Rize). It does have the block inlay at the 21 st fret but i believe that it's a pre-mastertone model & thus didn't have the name,
Ivan;)

https://youtu.be/Idh9qSS73Ck

Roger Moss
Dec-27-2016, 4:52am
I did indeed like the cinematography as well as the music itself. Interesting that the banjo had black tape covering the brand name on the peghead. But not the 'Mastertone' inlay at the 22nd fret.

Bradcast Industry standard over decades has been to obscure brand names of instruments. I first noticed it on Flatt and Scruggs instruments back on black and white Beverly Hillbillies

darylcrisp
Dec-27-2016, 8:02pm
I can imagine they were driving along, going to another gig, looked over and saw the scenery and said, "lets pull over and do a few tunes". somebody had a good camera on board and a 10 year old boy and his dog were hanging out skipping rocks, they asked him to film it, and he was hooked and used the camera to focus at everyones hands as they played.........

really
d

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-28-2016, 3:54am
Daryl - Back in 1992,after attending the IBMA festival in Owensboro,me & my work's colleague were driving around,heading ultimately for Washington DC,when we found a beautiful overlook area. We parked up & spent a half hour taking photos. It was only last year that i found out that were were on ''Clinch Mt'' overlook. I had my banjo in the car boot (trunk).If i'd known where we were i'd have taken it out & played 'Clinch Mt.Backstep',
Ivan;)