PDA

View Full Version : Chord Melody....Wednesday? #3 is here

Drew Streip
Dec-14-2016, 3:31pm
Sometimes life gets in the way of mandolin. Tragic, I know. Here's Etude #3 from Aaron Weinstein's book "Mandolin Chord Melody System."

I struggled with this one a bit. The phrasing didn't immediately click with me, and I'm still learning to make music out of it -- not just play the notes. That said, I'm starting to get some chord shapes under my fingers.

-aC4-QQ0FDg

Same setup as last time: Eastman MD515, Wegen, iPhone 6S (and maybe some background construction noise).

Bill McCall
Dec-14-2016, 3:37pm
Nice.

Now I have to go practice.:)

Joey Anchors
Dec-14-2016, 5:52pm
Nice.

Now I have to go practice.:)

Agreed on both accounts!

Mark Seale
Dec-15-2016, 10:51am
Well done!

Polecat
Dec-17-2016, 4:32am
I'm really enjoying your videos, Drew. I'm looking forward to the next one, and hope you'll eventually play us something you've created yourself - you obviously have a feeling for the music you're practising.

Michael Neverisky
Dec-17-2016, 6:53am
Good work, well done!

Drew Streip
Dec-17-2016, 7:55pm
I'm really enjoying your videos, Drew. I'm looking forward to the next one, and hope you'll eventually play us something you've created yourself - you obviously have a feeling for the music you're practising.

Thanks Polecat! I'm working on an arrangement or two of some standards as we speak. I'll try to keep up with regular vids, too....This week has been all practice for my band's upcoming recording session.

Glad to know people are watching -- let me know if there's anything else you want to see!

Ron McMillan
Dec-18-2016, 2:29am
Impressed and envious, that's me.