PDA

View Full Version : TKD mandolin!

bvtolley89
Dec-02-2016, 9:21am
just received my new TKD mandolin from kyle at the mando shop,wow! what an instrument,tap tuned, radiused fingerboard,wide nut! very loud,but smooth sounding plays great perfectly setup! if you havent checked these out..do so!

Franc Homier Lieu
Dec-02-2016, 9:47am
hi bvtolley89,
thanks for posting. I have been waiting to hear more about these mandolins since this thread was posted

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?123965-TKD-Mandolins-(TheMandoShop)

Maybe post a video when you have a chance. Inquiring minds....

DataNick
Dec-02-2016, 9:07pm
A friend of mine bought one of these last year...good mandos for the price point...however they don't "cut" very well in the high registers in a band situation; by themselves great...YMMV

mandobassman
Dec-02-2016, 10:32pm
Why is that so many times someone comes on the Cafe gushing about a product from the Mando Shop it is often by someone who just joined the Cafe and only has one or two posts. Seems a bit strange.

DataNick
Dec-03-2016, 7:44am
Why is that so many times someone comes on the Cafe gushing about a product from the Mando Shop it is often by someone who just joined the Cafe and only has one or two posts. Seems a bit strange.

It does read like a commercial doesn't it...YMMV

trevor
Dec-03-2016, 7:51am
I think similar threads have been closed before.

texaspaul
Dec-03-2016, 8:58am
I understand the suspicions. I have been around mandolins and they member on the café for a number of years . I don't make a lot of post here but do browse quite a bit. I have owned several very nice instruments
. I bought a J Bo VA Mandolin from Kyle at the Mandoshop.
My experience was very positive, set up was good and Kyle pleasant. He did encourage a good review without making suggestions of what I should post. I don't see that ias a problem just good business
I have got good service from other sponsors on this site also.
I have no financial involvement nor any investment nor do I really care one way or the other I just think sometimes the criticism is unfair.
Maybe I just don't understand the full story here l, i'm just talking about my own one man's personal experience

Mandolin Cafe
Dec-03-2016, 9:24am
Congratulations to the OP. Maybe you did receive good service. That's great.

However, the Mandolin Cafe has had enough of the Mando Shop and its owner and has permanently banned him from using this forum space for the purpose of gaming the system, not to mention making some customers feel uncomfortable by attempting to strong-arm them into coming out here and making comments when they have no desire to. Here's all you need to know (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?113089-new-mando-from-mandoshop&p=1368695&viewfull=1#post1368695).