PDA

View Full Version : Morris Two Point, Armstrong pickup, very pleased

Dave Martin
Nov-24-2016, 7:36pm
A few months ago I bought a Morris two point with an Armstrong magnetic pickup through the Café classifieds. I have been travelling and have not had much time to play it, but the time I have spent with it has proven to be most enjoyable. Played through either my Fishman or small Roland, it sounds quite good. Acoustic, it has a good, rich tone with T-I strong strings. It plays well, and intonation is perfect. The neck has quite a nice feel, with a slight swell as it nears the neck, which provides an offset or angle that feels very good.

I am very glad I bought it, and thank the seller and the Café for the addition to my mandolin inventory. I won't be travelling, except for 10 days in January, until spring, and am looking forward to some quality time with this very nice mandolin. I really, really, like the sound of the Armstrong pickup through the amp, and turned up a hair. Great fun.

Bill Kammerzell
Nov-24-2016, 9:28pm
There is a Cobalt Blue Morris A-5 at the classifieds right now. I liked the looks of it enough to ask Sonny for a price on a cobalt blue Double point with F holes. Now you just gave me an idea to have him add a pickup. Thanks! ;)