PDA

View Full Version : Time Jumpers (NMC)

F-2 Dave
Nov-22-2016, 8:32am
Visiting Nashville for a few days. Went to see the Time Jumpers at 3rd and Linsley last night. We had a ball. There were a couple of band members out of town, but they still had enough to put on a great show. Martina McBride even showed up.

Went to Carter's yesterday, probably swing by Gruhn's today and see a show at the Ryman tonight. It's hard to fit everything in in just a couple of days. May have to come back sometime.

Oh, just remembered. We sat next to a very nice couple from Georgia. The husband was a mandolin player/fiddle player. There. MC.

UsuallyPickin
Nov-22-2016, 8:47am
The Time Jumpers fill in with studio musicians when somebody is touring or just busy. I saw them with the entire band and with Rodney Crowell singing, great music. Carter's and Gruhn's are both dangerous to my wallet. The Violin House is just down the street from Gruhn's if you are interested in fiddles. Enjoy the Ryman, take a pillow / seat cushion. You will be glad you did. R/

Mandolin Cafe
Nov-22-2016, 9:02am
Best band in the world in our opinion. Those guys can play anything but only in the best of taste. Larry Franklin, one of the fiddle players owns a Clark mandolin, electric we believe. Maybe Austin Clark can verify that. And of course Vince has a Loar. Got to see Dawn Sears sing before she passed. Should have been a country music legend.

farmerjones
Nov-22-2016, 9:14am
Time for my perenial favorite. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKYwdZrs1GE)

Time Jumpers blow my mind every time. Inspiration.

Now, theoretically, three good mandolin players should be able to do the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKYwdZrs1GE

Austin Clark
Nov-22-2016, 9:19am
Larry Franklin, one of the fiddle players owns a Clark mandolin, electric we believe. Maybe Austin Clark can verify that.

True! This one.

sunburst
Nov-22-2016, 1:00pm
Got to see them here in Kentucky with Dawn Sears still singing. An amazing voice! Great show all around, and well received by the crowd. People obviously still like to hear good music, but it sure can be hard to find on the air waves.