PDA

View Full Version : Skip Kelley's Tab Book

AlanN
Jan-08-2004, 10:12pm
There's a book of tabs listed in the classifieds. Gotta say, this is a GREAT collection of warhorses and not-so-often played gems, done in a down-home, simple way. Skip has managed to put modern touches in, yet retain the traditional flavor of these tunes. Highly recommended, and no financial interest, just a picking interest!

Skip Kelley
Mar-11-2004, 9:34pm
Thanks Alan for the the kind words! It was a personal goal for me to do this a few years ago.

Thomas
Mar-12-2004, 8:25am
Where? Is the ad gone? Skip, is something you produce and sell?

mad dawg
Mar-12-2004, 10:22am
What genre(s) does it include?

AlanN
Mar-12-2004, 10:48am
Traditional tunes, but some obscure ones, like Montgomery Bell by Aubrey Haynie, an Emory Lester tune I think. Also has Cherokee Shuffle in 2 keys, others can't remember right now. Good tunes, simple and direct.

Skip Kelley
Mar-12-2004, 7:54pm
Thomas, I stil have a few left, not many. Let me know if you are interested. My e-mail is kmando814@northstate.net

Chris Cantergiani
Mar-13-2004, 11:58pm
I totally agree... I got this a few weeks ago, and REALLY like it.
Skip has done a fine job of playing these songs, and laying them out in a book that's easy to use.
I've been meaning to pipe up and mention how much I like this book, but haven't had a chance.
I also wanted to let you know, Skip, that I transfered the cassette to CD, and would be happy to send you a copy. The start of one of the songs has some crackle in it because I used the only cassette deck I still have, and I think the heads were not in tip-top shape. With Skip's permission, I'd be happy to provide other owners of his lessons a copy on CD as well. Let me know.
Thanks again Skip!

Chris
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Skip Kelley
Mar-15-2004, 12:51pm
Chris, Thanks for the compliment! I would love to get a copy of the CD from you. Let me know how much I would owe you. If you get time give me a shout via e-mail.