PDA

View Full Version : Grover Tuner Button Screws Needed

eraybush
Nov-16-2016, 11:27pm
I play a 2007 Gibson F-5G. It has the stock nickel Grover tuners, and I've lost a tuner button screw. I can't seem to find a lead anywhere on a replacement. I've found several different types of Grover tuner button screws online but none that seem to match in finish or dimension. They're slotted with a brushed/matte finish but I'm unsure of the exact dimension. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

George R. Lane
Nov-17-2016, 3:25pm
I would contact Dave Harvey at Gibson.

MikeEdgerton
Nov-17-2016, 4:57pm
Contact Dave Harvey or Danny Roberts at Gibson, the Gibson Customer Service folks will send you to All Parts or someplace where they don't have them. I got some for mine several years ago but I've helped out several people over the years and I'm down to just a few remaining. I also recall somebody actually getting some from Grover.

Dan Adams
Nov-18-2016, 8:21pm
Great suggestions. I broke a screw off on the underside of the tuner post once on a Gibson. Impossible to find. Went to a gunsmith after a suggestion; the gunsmith extracted the old screw, and replaced with same. Small screws are small screws after all, and one craft transferred to another. Best suggestion I could have received at the time. Good luck.

MikeEdgerton
Nov-18-2016, 9:41pm
Small wood screws maybe, threaded screws can come in all sizes and thread pitch.

pops1
Nov-19-2016, 12:53am
A good machine shop will have a tap and die for most any screw size. They could make screws for you. A couple of years ago I was repairing a guitar with a broken truss rod, couldn't find one like it so I went to a machine shop and they made me one for less than I could buy a truss rod and it was the same as what was originally in the guitar.