PDA

View Full Version : Which Blue Chip most closely resembles a Wegen bluegrass pick?

Aden Paul
Nov-09-2016, 11:34pm
I have been using the Wegen bluegrass picks, but I have been intrigued by the Blue Chips. Given that there are so many shapes and sizes, can anyone tell me which Blue Chip would be closest in size and shape to the Wegen?

Bill McCall
Nov-10-2016, 12:44am
I don't know them by model, but there are pictures on the website, with thickness specs.

Stevo75
Nov-10-2016, 1:36am
I believe the Wegen Bluegrass pick is more of a standard guitar pick size and shape - as opposed to the large triangle shape that seems to be more common for mandolin. If that's the case, then the Blue Chip TD would probably be the most similar (TD is for "tear drop" shape). I'd probably go for a thickness of 50 or 60 to match the Wegen.

If the Wegen you're using is the TF 140 (large triangle shape), then the Blue Chip CT-55 is most similar (or a TAD).

SwartDeco
Nov-13-2016, 5:14pm
I have a BlueChip TAD-1R 50, and the Wegen TF140. With exception of my 1R corner on the BlueChip, the picks are exactly the same shape. The Wegen seems just slightly thicker.

Stevo75
Nov-13-2016, 5:39pm
The Wegen Bluegrass is a different shape than the TAD. More of a standard guitar teardrop. I believe the OP was asking about that and not the Wegen TF.

SwartDeco
Nov-13-2016, 8:45pm
Doh!