PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel #382

willkamm
Nov-02-2016, 5:15pm
Ken tells me it's a real player. A "10" if there ever was one. Looks great too. I should get it around next Wednesday. :grin:
Redwood Top. "Penny."

Pjones3
Nov-02-2016, 5:33pm
Ken tells me it's a real player. A "10" if there ever was one. Looks great too. I should get it around next Wednesday. :grin:
Redwood Top. "Penny."

Having owned several of Ken's mandolins, I can assure you it will make you very, very happy!

willkamm
Nov-06-2016, 7:08pm
Having owned several of Ken's mandolins, I can assure you it will make you very, very happy!

Ken just sent me this picture today, Sunday. He'll mail this Monday.

Charles E.
Nov-06-2016, 7:53pm
Congrats on your new mandolin!

willkamm
Nov-09-2016, 6:46pm
Congrats on your new mandolin!

Got it today! She looks and sounds beautiful!

Skip Kelley
Nov-10-2016, 7:40pm
Congratulations on your new mandolin! Ken builds a fine mandolin!

willkamm
Nov-10-2016, 11:18pm
Thanks Skip. Yes he does. The sound is, as, stated by Ken, is a certain "10". It is so warm, and woody. Great balance across the strings. The "distressed" look he gave this one, is a real "10" also. Its been a show stopper, when I bring it out to show friends, guests and neighbors. My wife, who thought the River F was just beautiful, can't stop looking at it. She said, "You can tell people it belonged to your Grand-Dad." It was worth every penny, and worth waiting for. Ken was really backed up when I ordered it back in May. A real treat to get it so close to the holidays. The first night I played until about 2 AM. Well, time to play "Penny." :))

Br1ck
Nov-15-2016, 1:52am
It seems like Ken has been experimenting with his head stocks and logos with the super deal run of econos. Yours is very reliced. How he does that is mind blowing to say the least. Was yours the last of the run? Would be nice to see pics of all those he made since spring. Enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

willkamm
Nov-15-2016, 7:31am
It seems like Ken has been experimenting with his head stocks and logos with the super deal run of econos. Yours is very reliced. How he does that is mind blowing to say the least. Was yours the last of the run? Would be nice to see pics of all those he made since spring. Enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

I do not know if mine was the last of the run. I was under the impression that he might have agreed to do a couple more. Yes, I am enjoying it quite it bit. :)