PDA

View Full Version : Ken Ratcliff

Bill Kammerzell
Oct-29-2016, 5:14pm
Ken sent me a couple of more pictures of my mandolin in progress and a Halloween picture. The mandolin looks great and so does Ken! :))

Chris Daniels
Oct-29-2016, 5:28pm
Nice! Ken certainly makes some interesting design and finish choices (unusual headstocks, old violin finish like OP, others distressed, etc) but I've heard and read nothing but good things about his work. A Silverangel is definitely in the mix when I finally decide to pull the trigger on an upgrade.

C.

Bill Kammerzell
Oct-29-2016, 6:03pm
His price on an A model is hard to beat. This is a Redwood top. The hardware is a distressed pewter look.

derbex
Oct-31-2016, 3:42am
That's not a Halloween picture, it's his new design for your soundboard :disbelief:

Bill Kammerzell
Nov-01-2016, 5:29pm
Nice! Ken certainly makes some interesting design and finish choices (unusual headstocks, old violin finish like OP, others distressed, etc) but I've heard and read nothing but good things about his work. A Silverangel is definitely in the mix when I finally decide to pull the trigger on an upgrade.

C.

She's completed! Ken will keep it until Monday for fine tuning. Here's pictures with the strings on.
Ken says she sounds like a 10. Her name is Penny, after my wife of 37 years. :grin:

derbex
Nov-02-2016, 3:11am
I really like the top, enjoy her when you get her.

Bill Kammerzell
Nov-02-2016, 7:12am
I really like the top, enjoy her when you get her.

I'm certain I will. Love the neck. It's Ken's "Speed Neck".