PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd Loar on Tour - February 1919

Joe Spann
Oct-28-2016, 2:32pm
An interesting news piece from the February 1919 issue of Gibson's Sounding Board Salesman magazine.

Jim Garber
Oct-28-2016, 8:37pm
I know we have posted on an old thread a promo brochure (http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/cdm/ref/collection/tc/id/63748) on the University of Iowa archives.

Actually this same brochure and a bunch of others were posted on the Library of Congress American Memory site but I can't seem to locate them any more. I had downloaded the images some time ago, so here they are, all four of them circa 1919.

pfox14
Nov-03-2016, 2:05pm
Awesome stuff Jim. I love Loar's costume. Too funny.

Timbofood
Nov-03-2016, 6:11pm
Not just his costumes, the whole company had a pretty good sense of the silly.
How wonderful to have the ability to see these little pieces of the past! Thanks for refreshing the images Jim!

Gene Summers
Nov-03-2016, 6:34pm
Nice costumes! I wonder if there are any recordings of Lloyd Loar and his ensemble available to listen to?

Gop
Nov-04-2016, 5:50pm
Yes, it would be interesting to hear recordings of the performances if they emerge the images indicate their routines were occasionally tongue- in cheek; I hope Ig Padereweski had a sense of humor concerning Loar's cameo of him (i.e., "Prof. Paddy Ruski"!), Feb 1919 was about the time he had left the concert stage for the political arena. Wonderful images!