PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel Econo A #10 in progress

willkamm
Oct-24-2016, 11:59am
Here is the latest picture Ken Ratcliff texted me of the Silverangel Econo A he is building for me. Sent it late last week. Today I heard from him and the back is on and he is sanding. He's going to do the Antique Violin finish for me. Won't be too much longer now! :grin:

wildpikr
Oct-25-2016, 7:20am
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy mine. Ken is good to work with and builds a fine mandolin. Is that a redwood top?

willkamm
Oct-25-2016, 9:17am
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy mine. Ken is good to work with and builds a fine mandolin. Is that a redwood top?

Yes! It is one with a Redwood top! I got in on that special he was running on the Econo A models back in May. I played one at his house back in late June, just before he shipped it. Think it was number 4. He had a Mandolin "tree" in his living room with an F and a double point, and he had the Econo ready to put in a case and ship. I'd like to have a Christmas tree just like it. That Econo A with a Redwood top just had the best tone to it. Easy and smooth to play too.

willkamm
Oct-26-2016, 9:55am
Adding a couple more photos. I like the finish. I think it's perfect for the look I want. Ken had all the hardware on yesterday and played it. He said it sounded great. :grin: