PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut bluegrass jam?

albeham
Oct-23-2016, 6:48pm
Hello all

Heading to ct for some work training and would like to find a bluegrass to take part in. Next week Tuesday to Thursday.

Thank
Al

Jim Garber
Oct-25-2016, 1:10pm
You might tell folks where in CT you will be. Otherwise you may have to travel an hour or more.

Dave Bradford
Oct-25-2016, 1:45pm
Connecticut is not known as a hotbed for bluegrass music but you might find players and there are other things/places/stores worth checking out if you have the time as long as they are open for business outside your training. Fall foliage might also be in peak season depending where you will be.

Charlieshafer
Oct-25-2016, 2:22pm
There are players, will you be there over a weekend? What area? Try Chris Wuerth's Guitartownct (http://www.guitartownct.com)website and email him. He's centrally located in Hamden and is far more bluegrass oriented that most in the state. The link to his email is at the top of the homepage. We have an all-ages fiddle club in Madison that goes Sunday afternoons, but we mix in a lot of old-time and Celtic. Right now, we're going over a lot of Scots stuff, if that's at all interesting.

If you're in Fairfield county, many head over to the Westchester bluegrass club. There's a lot more going on than people realize!

Jim Garber
Oct-25-2016, 2:36pm
I know that there are old time jams in the New Haven area and I would bet that there are also bluegrass. Same in Hartford but I don't know of anything in particular. I do know players in that area but not bluegrassers.

albeham
Oct-25-2016, 9:03pm
Sorry about that. Yes I am in Meriden .

Al

Charlieshafer
Oct-26-2016, 4:12pm
Being somewhat centrally located there, I'd get in touch with Chris at the aforementioned Guitartown site. He's the best source for the middle of the state.

tree
Nov-07-2016, 6:45am
Anything going on in the Mystic/New London area Dec 5 - 9?

From the CT BG Association website it looks like possibly an acoustic jam at Connecticut College on Tues, or perhaps a BG jam at the Exchange Bar & Grill the same night (but I can't tell from the venue's website). I'll be traveling with my Hamlett A.

Charlieshafer
Nov-08-2016, 6:43am
On the ct bg website there are emails and phone numbers. Just call or email, they're all good guys, The current leader, Chris Wuerth, is a very responsive dude. I know coming from down south it may seem like we northerners are a touchy bunch, but don;t worry, we don't bite.. Too bad you're leaving on the 9th, I have Darol Anger, Tony Trischka and friends coming in for a Christmas show on the 10th

Jim Garber
Nov-08-2016, 7:15am
For everyone's convenience:
This web page of CTBGMA would list lots of BG jams in CT (http://www.ctbgma.org/events/jams.html).