PDA

View Full Version : "F-Paul"

jefflester
May-26-2005, 2:29pm
After Merlefest, a friend of mine visited Gibson to get his Sam Bush model looked at. Dave Harvey showed him a prototype electric - a 4 string F-style, semi-hollowbody, maple-top, with a Firebird pickup and "F-Paul" (or something similar) decal on the headstock. Details are a little vague, but he got the impression that Gibson was headed towards an electric 4-string production model.

krishna
May-26-2005, 4:08pm
I would love to here specifics about it,like acoustic style bridge and such.Are you sure you are'nt letting the cat out of the bag here?...Kerry

Ted Eschliman
May-26-2005, 5:06pm
Woof, woof!...
<pants heavily>

I just hope they have the sense to run it through their Electric Guitar Division, and not OAI (a real recipe for marketing disaster...).

bjc
May-26-2005, 11:41pm
Holy sheep dung Batman an ELECTRIC mandolin from Gibson (not an acoustic with a pick up)...they need to have make it with an LP body a fat pick-up and wait...the price will be?
I don't know if I have THAt much blood to sell....tee hee

jmkatcher
May-27-2005, 12:43am
They used to make just this item, it was the old Gibson Florentine electric. Solid mahogany with a maple top and a fat P-90 pickup. 8-strings, not the apparent 4 of the rumored model.

Ken Sager
May-27-2005, 7:01am
Gibson also made that florentine in a 4-string model. Very few, but they made them. There was one for sale last year on Players Vintage Instruments (http://www.vintageinstruments.com/).

Joy to all,
Ken

Ken Sager
May-27-2005, 7:06am
Ok, maybe I was thinking about the 4-string 150 that's for sale there now... I thought I saw a 4-string florentine there once...

Back to daydreaming,
Ken