PDA

View Full Version : My Northfield just come in!!!

raycan2
Sep-29-2016, 1:51pm
So I just had my Northfield F5S delivered to the house, She is Beautiful and I would like to thank Sean @ TEJON STREET MUSIC in Colorado Springs for working with me and sending pictures back and forth and answering emails even on a Sunday on his day off..
So the Mandolin is real nice and plays very well, I am very happy with the Airloom case it is very well built and the mandolin fits like a glove and has real nice padding..Here are some pictures of them both, if anyone has any questions about the Airloom or Mandolin please ask...

Jill McAuley
Sep-29-2016, 2:02pm
What a beauty - congratulations!

CWRoyds
Sep-29-2016, 6:51pm
Beautiful mandolin and case!! I am jealous. I am dying to get a Northfield. I had one for two days but had to return it as the nut was too narrow (1 3/32). Amazing instruments. Congrats

Chughes423
Sep-29-2016, 8:48pm
Amazing! and that case!

bigskygirl
Sep-29-2016, 9:13pm
Congrats! Those F5S models are very nice, I wasn't able to get one when I ordered my F5M but have since played several and they look and sound very good! Post a review when you can, enjoy.

Glassweb
Sep-29-2016, 9:30pm
Killer! Play the hell out of it and enjoy! HUGE bang for the buck those...

Caleb
Sep-29-2016, 9:58pm
Beautiful mandolin, and I love the pick guard. Looks like a keeper.

raycan2
Sep-29-2016, 10:28pm
Thanks guys,,,, So I do love the mandolin....for the money it is worth every bit the $.... I played it for like 4 hrs. Straight today and I could not put it down, I just know a hand full of chords and that's one hand but it was enough to start learning (If it hadn't been for love) by The Steeldrivers......and of course AmazingGraze which is 3-4 chords......but iam real impressed with the case, it's very well made and the mandolin fits like a glove and it's very plush and I mean very plush... on the side you can push a finger down like an inch and it feels great....

- - - Updated - - -

Yea the pick guard is like wood looking. I have 2 Taylor guitars that have the same looking pick guard.

Al Trujillo
Sep-29-2016, 10:43pm
Congrats....its a beauty. I'm fortunate enough to live an hour away from this great shop. I often wish I had the funds to buy three of his Northfields!

raycan2
Sep-29-2016, 10:54pm
I live in Lander Wy....but mountain bike down in Colorado a lot.

Folkmusician.com
Sep-30-2016, 2:40pm
Very nice!

Nate Lee
Sep-30-2016, 3:33pm
Congratulations! There's nothing like getting a new mandolin!

raycan2
Sep-30-2016, 4:44pm
Congratulations! There's nothing like getting a new mandolin!

And a day later their is that feeling when you put the 1st pick scratch on it...I have literally played it for about a total of 10 hrs. Since I got it in yesterday afternoon.....

T.D.Nydn
Sep-30-2016, 4:54pm
Mandolin and case,,that looks like a hot little set up...

colorado_al
Sep-30-2016, 11:16pm
That is a great mandolin! I played 5 different Northfields at Tejon St Music a few weeks ago, and in my opinion, that was the best sounding one in the shop. I was hoping to pick it up myself, but found out that we need some home repairs, so no new Mando for me. Enjoy!

raycan2
Sep-30-2016, 11:43pm
That is a great mandolin! I played 5 different Northfields at Tejon St Music a few weeks ago, and in my opinion, that was the best sounding one in the shop. I was hoping to pick it up myself, but found out that we need some home repairs, so no new Mando for me. Enjoy!
Well I glad to hear that you played them all, I just started playing so iam going to try to enjoy the little bit I know how to play.

DataNick
Sep-30-2016, 11:56pm
Congrats man!

Does the neck of the mando fit snugly in that airloom case like they do in a calton?

raycan2
Oct-01-2016, 12:31am
Congrats man!

Does the neck of the mando fit snugly in that airloom case like they do in a calton?
It is pretty darn snug, iam going to do a video on it and measurement and how the mandolin fits and what have you and I will try to post it on here...